BKD welcomes more staff
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 1,2010
The accounting firm BKD, LLP, has added six new staff members to its tax and audit departments in both Jackson and Oxford. Megan Hughes graduated from the University of Mississippi with a bachelor of science in accountancy in 2008 and a master of taxation in 2009. She interned with Smith, Turner & Reeves in 2008, and begins her BKD career in Jackson.
Megan McKinnie graduated summa cum laude with a bachelor of science in accounting and management information systems in 2008 from the Mississippi University for Women and a master of professional accountancy from Mississippi State University in 2009. A recipient of the MSCPA Educational Scholarship, she will be housed in BKD’s Jackson office.
Mark Brown graduated with a bachelor of science in accounting in 2008 and a master of taxation in 2009 from Mississippi State. A former Mississippi State football player, he held leadership roles within the core groups that ran the campus Fellowship of Christian Athletes as well as the Reformed University Fellowship programs. Brown will also work out of BKD’s Jackson office.
Matthew Glover graduated from Ole Miss with a bachelor of science in accountancy in 2008 and a master of accountancy in 2009. He was also vice president of Beta Alpha Psi at Ole Miss. Brown, too, will be housed in the Jackson office.
Lindsey Carpenter is a graduate of Mississippi College with both a bachelor of science in business administration with a concentration in accounting in 2008 and an MBA in accounting in 2009. She interned in BKD’s Jackson office in 2009, and will work out of that office.
Sean Sullivan, CPA, will work out of Oxford. He received his bachelor of science from Mississippi State and completed his accountancy coursework at Ole Miss.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Palmertree blocked from using public funds for legal defense
- Two companies fined for violations of 'No-Call' law
- Report: Mississippi only state to see drop in home prices
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- John Ferrucci'a perfect voice is perfect for the Silver Slipper Casino
- City suing Hercules for pollution at shuttered plant site
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Ex-Democrat Taylor cleared to run in primary as Republican
- Rankin chosen as new president of Alcorn State