BKD welcomes more staff
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 1,2010
The accounting firm BKD, LLP, has added six new staff members to its tax and audit departments in both Jackson and Oxford. Megan Hughes graduated from the University of Mississippi with a bachelor of science in accountancy in 2008 and a master of taxation in 2009. She interned with Smith, Turner & Reeves in 2008, and begins her BKD career in Jackson.
Megan McKinnie graduated summa cum laude with a bachelor of science in accounting and management information systems in 2008 from the Mississippi University for Women and a master of professional accountancy from Mississippi State University in 2009. A recipient of the MSCPA Educational Scholarship, she will be housed in BKD’s Jackson office.
Mark Brown graduated with a bachelor of science in accounting in 2008 and a master of taxation in 2009 from Mississippi State. A former Mississippi State football player, he held leadership roles within the core groups that ran the campus Fellowship of Christian Athletes as well as the Reformed University Fellowship programs. Brown will also work out of BKD’s Jackson office.
Matthew Glover graduated from Ole Miss with a bachelor of science in accountancy in 2008 and a master of accountancy in 2009. He was also vice president of Beta Alpha Psi at Ole Miss. Brown, too, will be housed in the Jackson office.
Lindsey Carpenter is a graduate of Mississippi College with both a bachelor of science in business administration with a concentration in accounting in 2008 and an MBA in accounting in 2009. She interned in BKD’s Jackson office in 2009, and will work out of that office.
Sean Sullivan, CPA, will work out of Oxford. He received his bachelor of science from Mississippi State and completed his accountancy coursework at Ole Miss.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Cannabis for the rest of us
- MARTY WISEMAN: The current racial strife and the failure to educate
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- BILL CRAWFORD: Boyce takes hot spot as IHL commissioner
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Real Estate Forum panelists: Lenders, investors hungry for deals on residential rentals in Miss., elsewhere
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast