IBC beefs up for competition
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 1,2010
The International Ballet Competition (USA IBC) is expanding its staff in preparation for the upcoming competition June 12 – 27 in Jackson. Brent Lefavor of Jackson has served the USA IBC since the 2002 event. He returns for his third round as USA IBC 2010 production manager. He holds a master of arts and a master of fine arts, and currently works as the resident designer for New Stage Theater. Before joining New Stage, Lefavor worked as an associate professor of theater at a local liberal arts college for 25 years. Lefavor, an actor in his own right, has appeared in multiple stage productions. He has also designed and directed for theaters throughout the country.
Krista Bower of Jackson is returning to the USA IBC after serving as assistant dance school administrator for the event in 2006. As the 2010 dance school administrator, she will be responsible for planning and implementing all aspects of the 2010 USA IBC Dance School and Teachers Workshop. Bower is a summa cum laude graduate of Belhaven College, where she earned a bachelor of fine arts and currently serves as an adjunct faculty member in the dance department. In addition to her work at Belhaven, Bower is the director of the Yazoo City School of Dance. She has had a career both as a performer and as an instructor.
Brooke Joyner of Meridian will serve as participant coordinator for the 2010 competition. Joyner is pursuing a master’s of business administration at the University of Southern Mississippi.
Hannah Renegar of Hanson, Mass., joins the IBC as assistant to the artistic administrator. Prior to joining the IBC, Renegar worked as manager of subscriber relations at BrainPOP. She is a 2007 graduate from the University of Florida and holds a master’s of fine arts in dance performance and a minor in business.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- Analysis: Lawmakers squabble over election-year tax cuts