Keeping Our Eye On: Daniel McPhearson
Published: February 1,2010
Education: B.A. in political science and communications, Belhaven University
Current Position: Administrative Assistant to the State Academic Dean, Belhaven University
One of Daniel McPhearson’s first jobs involved working part-time at the Mississippi Republican Party. Always interested in politics, McPhearson pursued graduate studies in political theory for two years and was a student instructor for one semester at Louisiana State University before returning to the Magnolia State and to his alma mater Belhaven University.
“I help to serve the needs of the academic dean and the faculty in our ASPIRE Accelerated Degree program, everything from ordering teaching materials to administering make-up tests,” McPhearson says. While earning his undergraduate degree, he worked in the Office of Public Information, wrote several articles for the campus and alumni newspapers and was a student writer for the Northside Sun and the Metro Business Chronicle. McPhearson received academic awards from both the political science and communications departments, earned a fellowship with the Earhart Foundation, and was active in the College Republicans and Student Missionary Fellowship
“As for my career future, I would like to stay in Mississippi,” McPhearson says. “Beyond that desire, I just want to be able to maintain a job that will allow me to glorify God in my work, perform useful tasks in service to others, and provide for both myself and my family.”
Mississippi’s best-kept secret: Mississippi’s beautiful landscape, quiet towns, wonderful churches, and great people
Must-have Mississippi food: Fried Chicken Tenders
Favorite hangout: Sneaky Beans Coffee Shop in Jackson
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- McDaniel alleges GOP race-baiting; says party should be 'purged'
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Mississippi Power conducts successful tests at Kemper plant
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- Seafood dealer/processor guilty of illegal handling of oysters
- Medical transportation company opening operation/call center
- Pickwick Pines settles lawsuit; pays $260K