Lacy tests golf products
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 1,2010
A Mississippi State University aerospace engineer is among a select group helping Golf Digest evaluate and rank new and innovative golf clubs. Thomas E. “Tom” Lacy Jr. was among 32 players, instructors, golf retailers and researchers who spent two weeks testing nearly 100 different products at the CasaBlanca Resort in Mesquite, Nev.
Lacy, a Georgia Tech doctoral graduate, was one of six scientific advisers tasked with assessing performance and technology claims of club manufacturers. Solid mechanics is one of Lacy’s primary teaching areas; damage tolerance of metallic and composite materials is one of his research areas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Lacy tests golf products”
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House