Lacy tests golf products
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 1,2010
A Mississippi State University aerospace engineer is among a select group helping Golf Digest evaluate and rank new and innovative golf clubs. Thomas E. “Tom” Lacy Jr. was among 32 players, instructors, golf retailers and researchers who spent two weeks testing nearly 100 different products at the CasaBlanca Resort in Mesquite, Nev.
Lacy, a Georgia Tech doctoral graduate, was one of six scientific advisers tasked with assessing performance and technology claims of club manufacturers. Solid mechanics is one of Lacy’s primary teaching areas; damage tolerance of metallic and composite materials is one of his research areas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Lacy tests golf products”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- The Blues and higher education — Delta State launches the International Delta Blues Project
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Singing River shutting doors on two Coast clinics
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62