Lacy tests golf products
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 1,2010
A Mississippi State University aerospace engineer is among a select group helping Golf Digest evaluate and rank new and innovative golf clubs. Thomas E. “Tom” Lacy Jr. was among 32 players, instructors, golf retailers and researchers who spent two weeks testing nearly 100 different products at the CasaBlanca Resort in Mesquite, Nev.
Lacy, a Georgia Tech doctoral graduate, was one of six scientific advisers tasked with assessing performance and technology claims of club manufacturers. Solid mechanics is one of Lacy’s primary teaching areas; damage tolerance of metallic and composite materials is one of his research areas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Lacy tests golf products”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Mike Morgan has calmness of mind