Lacy tests golf products
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 1,2010
A Mississippi State University aerospace engineer is among a select group helping Golf Digest evaluate and rank new and innovative golf clubs. Thomas E. “Tom” Lacy Jr. was among 32 players, instructors, golf retailers and researchers who spent two weeks testing nearly 100 different products at the CasaBlanca Resort in Mesquite, Nev.
Lacy, a Georgia Tech doctoral graduate, was one of six scientific advisers tasked with assessing performance and technology claims of club manufacturers. Solid mechanics is one of Lacy’s primary teaching areas; damage tolerance of metallic and composite materials is one of his research areas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Lacy tests golf products”
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- Analysis: Lawmakers squabble over election-year tax cuts