Lacy tests golf products
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 1,2010
A Mississippi State University aerospace engineer is among a select group helping Golf Digest evaluate and rank new and innovative golf clubs. Thomas E. “Tom” Lacy Jr. was among 32 players, instructors, golf retailers and researchers who spent two weeks testing nearly 100 different products at the CasaBlanca Resort in Mesquite, Nev.
Lacy, a Georgia Tech doctoral graduate, was one of six scientific advisers tasked with assessing performance and technology claims of club manufacturers. Solid mechanics is one of Lacy’s primary teaching areas; damage tolerance of metallic and composite materials is one of his research areas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Lacy tests golf products”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill