Merchants Foodservice buys Ga. facility
Published: February 1,2010
HATTIESBURG — Merchants Foodservice, the foodservice distribution division of The Merchants Company, recently acquired a 107,000-square-foot food distribution facility in Tifton, Ga. Terms were not disclosed.
This acquisition provides the company with its fourth broadline foodservice distribution center. The distribution center, which will be known as Merchants Foodservice of Georgia, allows the company to expand the current distribution area to cover Georgia and Florida.
“Tifton, Ga., is a prime location in the southeastern United States. Placing a distribution center here gives us the ability to cover the entire Southeast region,” said Andy Mercier, president and CEO of Merchants Foodservice. Mercier added that Merchants Foodservice’s management team was attracted to this distribution center because of its strategic location and the facility’s pristine condition. “This is the perfect opportunity for us to establish distribution for our customers with locations in Georgia and Florida. We now have the ability to provide distribution to our growing base of multi-unit customers offering one distributor that can supply restaurant locations throughout Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina and North Carolina. We will also be able to pursue additional regional multi-unit restaurant operators, many of whom have locations we were previously unable to service.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location