Merchants Foodservice buys Ga. facility
Published: February 1,2010
HATTIESBURG — Merchants Foodservice, the foodservice distribution division of The Merchants Company, recently acquired a 107,000-square-foot food distribution facility in Tifton, Ga. Terms were not disclosed.
This acquisition provides the company with its fourth broadline foodservice distribution center. The distribution center, which will be known as Merchants Foodservice of Georgia, allows the company to expand the current distribution area to cover Georgia and Florida.
“Tifton, Ga., is a prime location in the southeastern United States. Placing a distribution center here gives us the ability to cover the entire Southeast region,” said Andy Mercier, president and CEO of Merchants Foodservice. Mercier added that Merchants Foodservice’s management team was attracted to this distribution center because of its strategic location and the facility’s pristine condition. “This is the perfect opportunity for us to establish distribution for our customers with locations in Georgia and Florida. We now have the ability to provide distribution to our growing base of multi-unit customers offering one distributor that can supply restaurant locations throughout Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina and North Carolina. We will also be able to pursue additional regional multi-unit restaurant operators, many of whom have locations we were previously unable to service.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015