Merchants Foodservice buys Ga. facility
Published: February 1,2010
HATTIESBURG — Merchants Foodservice, the foodservice distribution division of The Merchants Company, recently acquired a 107,000-square-foot food distribution facility in Tifton, Ga. Terms were not disclosed.
This acquisition provides the company with its fourth broadline foodservice distribution center. The distribution center, which will be known as Merchants Foodservice of Georgia, allows the company to expand the current distribution area to cover Georgia and Florida.
“Tifton, Ga., is a prime location in the southeastern United States. Placing a distribution center here gives us the ability to cover the entire Southeast region,” said Andy Mercier, president and CEO of Merchants Foodservice. Mercier added that Merchants Foodservice’s management team was attracted to this distribution center because of its strategic location and the facility’s pristine condition. “This is the perfect opportunity for us to establish distribution for our customers with locations in Georgia and Florida. We now have the ability to provide distribution to our growing base of multi-unit customers offering one distributor that can supply restaurant locations throughout Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina and North Carolina. We will also be able to pursue additional regional multi-unit restaurant operators, many of whom have locations we were previously unable to service.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Meadville mayor seeks Sojourner's Senate seat
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- PHIL HARDWICK: Characteristics of a good year-end fundraising letter
- Entergy plans three solar-power pilot projects
- Record soybean yield is valued at $1.17 billion