Merchants Foodservice buys Ga. facility
Published: February 1,2010
HATTIESBURG — Merchants Foodservice, the foodservice distribution division of The Merchants Company, recently acquired a 107,000-square-foot food distribution facility in Tifton, Ga. Terms were not disclosed.
This acquisition provides the company with its fourth broadline foodservice distribution center. The distribution center, which will be known as Merchants Foodservice of Georgia, allows the company to expand the current distribution area to cover Georgia and Florida.
“Tifton, Ga., is a prime location in the southeastern United States. Placing a distribution center here gives us the ability to cover the entire Southeast region,” said Andy Mercier, president and CEO of Merchants Foodservice. Mercier added that Merchants Foodservice’s management team was attracted to this distribution center because of its strategic location and the facility’s pristine condition. “This is the perfect opportunity for us to establish distribution for our customers with locations in Georgia and Florida. We now have the ability to provide distribution to our growing base of multi-unit customers offering one distributor that can supply restaurant locations throughout Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina and North Carolina. We will also be able to pursue additional regional multi-unit restaurant operators, many of whom have locations we were previously unable to service.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet