Merchants Foodservice buys Ga. facility
Published: February 1,2010
HATTIESBURG — Merchants Foodservice, the foodservice distribution division of The Merchants Company, recently acquired a 107,000-square-foot food distribution facility in Tifton, Ga. Terms were not disclosed.
This acquisition provides the company with its fourth broadline foodservice distribution center. The distribution center, which will be known as Merchants Foodservice of Georgia, allows the company to expand the current distribution area to cover Georgia and Florida.
“Tifton, Ga., is a prime location in the southeastern United States. Placing a distribution center here gives us the ability to cover the entire Southeast region,” said Andy Mercier, president and CEO of Merchants Foodservice. Mercier added that Merchants Foodservice’s management team was attracted to this distribution center because of its strategic location and the facility’s pristine condition. “This is the perfect opportunity for us to establish distribution for our customers with locations in Georgia and Florida. We now have the ability to provide distribution to our growing base of multi-unit customers offering one distributor that can supply restaurant locations throughout Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina and North Carolina. We will also be able to pursue additional regional multi-unit restaurant operators, many of whom have locations we were previously unable to service.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- BILL CRAWFORD: Gunn steals tax cut spotlight
- Columbus-built Airbus gets FAA airworthiness approval
- Bill would make only 1 hospital follow open-meetings act