Summit recalls faulty tree stands
by Wally Northway
Published: February 1,2010
DECATUR, Ala. — The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), in cooperation with Summit Treestands, LLC, of Decatur, Ala., has announced a voluntary recall of approximately 6,800 Talon Hunting Hang-on Tree Stands and Brackets/Straps.
The CPSC said the tree stands can unexpectedly detach from the tree when the brackets fail, posing a fall hazard to consumers. The firm has received four reports of the brackets failing, resulting in reports of falls and injuries including broken bones.
This recall involves Talon Raptor brackets/straps and Cabelas Realtree series hang-on tree stands with the Talon brackets/straps. A safety label sewn onto the bracket reads “Treestand Strap Assembly.” Tree stands involved in this recall have the following model numbers — rsEagle 82044, rsOsprey 82041, rsFalcon 82042, rsHawk 82043 and Cabelas Realtree Outfitters Series Hawk Deluxe 81509. Model information is printed on the tree stand warning label that is sewn onto the seat.
The stands were sold in hunting stores and in catalogs nationwide from May 2009 through Nov. 2009.
The CPSC reports consumers should immediately stop using the brackets and contact Summit Treestands to receive a replacement bracket/strap. For additional information, contact Summit Treestands toll-free at 1-800-241-5559 anytime, or visit www.summitstands.com.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Keeping Our Eye On Nathan McNeill
- Forward-thinking power companies transform “disruptions” into opportunities
- OUR VIEW: USM makes right call by calling off tornado relief campaign
- WILLOUGHBY: Rubinsky grows First Class Linen from ground up