Summit recalls faulty tree stands
Published: February 1,2010
DECATUR, Ala. — The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), in cooperation with Summit Treestands, LLC, of Decatur, Ala., has announced a voluntary recall of approximately 6,800 Talon Hunting Hang-on Tree Stands and Brackets/Straps.
The CPSC said the tree stands can unexpectedly detach from the tree when the brackets fail, posing a fall hazard to consumers. The firm has received four reports of the brackets failing, resulting in reports of falls and injuries including broken bones.
This recall involves Talon Raptor brackets/straps and Cabelas Realtree series hang-on tree stands with the Talon brackets/straps. A safety label sewn onto the bracket reads “Treestand Strap Assembly.” Tree stands involved in this recall have the following model numbers — rsEagle 82044, rsOsprey 82041, rsFalcon 82042, rsHawk 82043 and Cabelas Realtree Outfitters Series Hawk Deluxe 81509. Model information is printed on the tree stand warning label that is sewn onto the seat.
The stands were sold in hunting stores and in catalogs nationwide from May 2009 through Nov. 2009.
The CPSC reports consumers should immediately stop using the brackets and contact Summit Treestands to receive a replacement bracket/strap. For additional information, contact Summit Treestands toll-free at 1-800-241-5559 anytime, or visit www.summitstands.com.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- Starkville's Cotton Mill Marketplace hotel breaks ground Wednesday
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement