USM professor serves on panel
Dr. Edward Sayre, assistant professor of political science, international development and international affairs at the University of Southern Mississippi, recently served on the panel “One Year After Gaza: Securing the Future for Young Palestinians” at the Brookings Institution in Washington, D.C. The panel’s presentations were covered by C-SPAN. The panel focused on the economic and political climate faced by young Palestinians in Gaza. This particular topic relates to a chapter in a recent Brookings volume co-authored by Sayre titled “Generation in Waiting: The Unfulfilled Promise of Youth in the Middle East.”
Sayre has written journal articles, book chapters and research monographs on the Palestinian economy with an emphasis on the Palestinian labor market. His recent research has examined the effect of population growth in the Gaza Strip on the Palestinian economy and the economic roots of Palestinian suicide bombing.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image