USM professor serves on panel
Dr. Edward Sayre, assistant professor of political science, international development and international affairs at the University of Southern Mississippi, recently served on the panel “One Year After Gaza: Securing the Future for Young Palestinians” at the Brookings Institution in Washington, D.C. The panel’s presentations were covered by C-SPAN. The panel focused on the economic and political climate faced by young Palestinians in Gaza. This particular topic relates to a chapter in a recent Brookings volume co-authored by Sayre titled “Generation in Waiting: The Unfulfilled Promise of Youth in the Middle East.”
Sayre has written journal articles, book chapters and research monographs on the Palestinian economy with an emphasis on the Palestinian labor market. His recent research has examined the effect of population growth in the Gaza Strip on the Palestinian economy and the economic roots of Palestinian suicide bombing.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi