USM professor serves on panel
Dr. Edward Sayre, assistant professor of political science, international development and international affairs at the University of Southern Mississippi, recently served on the panel “One Year After Gaza: Securing the Future for Young Palestinians” at the Brookings Institution in Washington, D.C. The panel’s presentations were covered by C-SPAN. The panel focused on the economic and political climate faced by young Palestinians in Gaza. This particular topic relates to a chapter in a recent Brookings volume co-authored by Sayre titled “Generation in Waiting: The Unfulfilled Promise of Youth in the Middle East.”
Sayre has written journal articles, book chapters and research monographs on the Palestinian economy with an emphasis on the Palestinian labor market. His recent research has examined the effect of population growth in the Gaza Strip on the Palestinian economy and the economic roots of Palestinian suicide bombing.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years