USM professor serves on panel
Dr. Edward Sayre, assistant professor of political science, international development and international affairs at the University of Southern Mississippi, recently served on the panel “One Year After Gaza: Securing the Future for Young Palestinians” at the Brookings Institution in Washington, D.C. The panel’s presentations were covered by C-SPAN. The panel focused on the economic and political climate faced by young Palestinians in Gaza. This particular topic relates to a chapter in a recent Brookings volume co-authored by Sayre titled “Generation in Waiting: The Unfulfilled Promise of Youth in the Middle East.”
Sayre has written journal articles, book chapters and research monographs on the Palestinian economy with an emphasis on the Palestinian labor market. His recent research has examined the effect of population growth in the Gaza Strip on the Palestinian economy and the economic roots of Palestinian suicide bombing.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force