USM professor serves on panel
Dr. Edward Sayre, assistant professor of political science, international development and international affairs at the University of Southern Mississippi, recently served on the panel “One Year After Gaza: Securing the Future for Young Palestinians” at the Brookings Institution in Washington, D.C. The panel’s presentations were covered by C-SPAN. The panel focused on the economic and political climate faced by young Palestinians in Gaza. This particular topic relates to a chapter in a recent Brookings volume co-authored by Sayre titled “Generation in Waiting: The Unfulfilled Promise of Youth in the Middle East.”
Sayre has written journal articles, book chapters and research monographs on the Palestinian economy with an emphasis on the Palestinian labor market. His recent research has examined the effect of population growth in the Gaza Strip on the Palestinian economy and the economic roots of Palestinian suicide bombing.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC
- Cotton to take center stage during MSU summit
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy