West Builders Supply closing doors
MCCOMB — After more than 30 years as one of McComb’s more well-known businesses, West Builders Supply is closing. General manager Chase Holmes said he expects the store to close by mid-March.
He says that two or three years ago, people would have been jumping at the chance of buying the business, but now it is hard to find anyone who is interested.
Holmes said the economy began affecting the store in mid-2008, and “it’s been deteriorating since.”
He says the store once employed 80 people, but now has 15. He says the store also is selling inventory from Builders Mart in Tylertown, which owned West.
Builders Mart closed Jan. 21.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Attorney McRae challenging Miss. treasurer in GOP primary
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- Judge names receiver for KiOR plant, but tax payment unclear
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- Rival plans filed to end Cleveland schools federal oversight
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion