West Builders Supply closing doors
MCCOMB — After more than 30 years as one of McComb’s more well-known businesses, West Builders Supply is closing. General manager Chase Holmes said he expects the store to close by mid-March.
He says that two or three years ago, people would have been jumping at the chance of buying the business, but now it is hard to find anyone who is interested.
Holmes said the economy began affecting the store in mid-2008, and “it’s been deteriorating since.”
He says the store once employed 80 people, but now has 15. He says the store also is selling inventory from Builders Mart in Tylertown, which owned West.
Builders Mart closed Jan. 21.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions