West Builders Supply closing doors
MCCOMB — After more than 30 years as one of McComb’s more well-known businesses, West Builders Supply is closing. General manager Chase Holmes said he expects the store to close by mid-March.
He says that two or three years ago, people would have been jumping at the chance of buying the business, but now it is hard to find anyone who is interested.
Holmes said the economy began affecting the store in mid-2008, and “it’s been deteriorating since.”
He says the store once employed 80 people, but now has 15. He says the store also is selling inventory from Builders Mart in Tylertown, which owned West.
Builders Mart closed Jan. 21.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers