West Builders Supply closing doors
MCCOMB — After more than 30 years as one of McComb’s more well-known businesses, West Builders Supply is closing. General manager Chase Holmes said he expects the store to close by mid-March.
He says that two or three years ago, people would have been jumping at the chance of buying the business, but now it is hard to find anyone who is interested.
Holmes said the economy began affecting the store in mid-2008, and “it’s been deteriorating since.”
He says the store once employed 80 people, but now has 15. He says the store also is selling inventory from Builders Mart in Tylertown, which owned West.
Builders Mart closed Jan. 21.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Payday lender expects clean bill from regulators