West Builders Supply closing doors
MCCOMB — After more than 30 years as one of McComb’s more well-known businesses, West Builders Supply is closing. General manager Chase Holmes said he expects the store to close by mid-March.
He says that two or three years ago, people would have been jumping at the chance of buying the business, but now it is hard to find anyone who is interested.
Holmes said the economy began affecting the store in mid-2008, and “it’s been deteriorating since.”
He says the store once employed 80 people, but now has 15. He says the store also is selling inventory from Builders Mart in Tylertown, which owned West.
Builders Mart closed Jan. 21.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal