Callon boosts year-end proven reserves
NATCHEZ — Callon Petroleum Company ended 2009 with estimated net proved reserves of 58 billion cubic feet of natural gas equivalent (Bcfe), compared to 2008 year-end proved reserves of 54.8 Bcfe, a 6 percent increase.
The 2009 year-end reserves were 67 percent crude oil. Callon added 15 Bcfe of net proven reserves replacing 127 percent of the reserves produced in 2009.
“We were very pleased to be able to replace our production and to grow our proved reserves during 2009 which was a year of transition for our company,” Fred Callon, chairman and CEO said. “More importantly, we added significantly to our resource base, which will help provide growth over the next several years.”
At Dec. 31, 2009, the company’s independent petroleum engineers estimated the present value of the company’s estimated future net revenues from proved reserves, excluding income taxes (which is a non-GAAP financial measure), using Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) pricing guidelines for year-end 2009 discounted at 10 percent, to be $137.4 million. The year-end pricing used in calculating such present value averaged $4.75 per thousand cubic feet of natural gas and $57.40 per barrel of oil. Callon compiled year-end reserve data utilizing new guidelines from the SEC.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- News The Way You Want It!