NAFTA numbers continue to fall
Trade using surface transportation between the United States and its North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) partners Canada and Mexico was 2.9 percent lower in Nov. 2009 than in Nov. 2008, dropping to $58.9 billion, according to the Bureau of Transportation Statistics (BTS).
BTS reported that the value of U.S. surface transportation trade with Canada and Mexico fell 4 percent in Nov. 2009 from Oct. 2009.
The value of U.S. surface transportation trade with Canada and Mexico in November was up 5 percent compared to Nov. 2004, and up 28.5 percent compared to Nov. 1999. Imports in November were up 25.1 percent compared to Nov. 1999, while exports were up 32.7 percent.
U.S.–Canada surface transportation trade totaled $35 billion in November, down 7.2 percent compared to Nov. 2008. The value of imports carried by truck was 6.1 percent lower in Nov. 2009 compared to Nov. 2008, while the value of exports carried by truck was 1.8 percent lower during this period.
U.S.–Mexico surface transportation trade totaled $23.9 billion in November, up 4.4 percent compared to Nov. 2008. The value of imports carried by truck was 11.5 percent higher in Nov. 2009 than Nov. 2008 while the value of exports carried by truck was 1.7 percent higher.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- 'Get on Up' movie opens in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet