Baptist Golden Triangle earns accreditation
COLUMBUS — Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle has been awarded a three-year accreditation in magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) following a recent survey by the American College of Radiology (ACR).
The ACR awards accreditation to facilities achieving high practice standards after a peer-review evaluation of the facility. Evaluations are conducted by board-certified physicians and medical physicists who are experts in the field. They assess the qualifications of the personnel and the adequacy of the facility’s equipment.
Baptist Golden Triangle added a new GE Signa 1.5T MRI last January. The new MRI allows radiologists at Baptist Golden Triangle to diagnose quicker and with improved accuracy, as well as offer MRI of the breast and breast localizations, he said.
The hospital also added a digital mammography unit to its radiology department last January. The mammography service was certified as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the ACR in May 2009. To receive that distinction, the center had to be accredited in stereotactic breast biopsy and breast ultrasound by the ACR.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- Analysis: Lawmakers squabble over election-year tax cuts