Baptist Golden Triangle earns accreditation
COLUMBUS — Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle has been awarded a three-year accreditation in magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) following a recent survey by the American College of Radiology (ACR).
The ACR awards accreditation to facilities achieving high practice standards after a peer-review evaluation of the facility. Evaluations are conducted by board-certified physicians and medical physicists who are experts in the field. They assess the qualifications of the personnel and the adequacy of the facility’s equipment.
Baptist Golden Triangle added a new GE Signa 1.5T MRI last January. The new MRI allows radiologists at Baptist Golden Triangle to diagnose quicker and with improved accuracy, as well as offer MRI of the breast and breast localizations, he said.
The hospital also added a digital mammography unit to its radiology department last January. The mammography service was certified as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the ACR in May 2009. To receive that distinction, the center had to be accredited in stereotactic breast biopsy and breast ultrasound by the ACR.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant