Baptist Golden Triangle earns accreditation
COLUMBUS — Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle has been awarded a three-year accreditation in magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) following a recent survey by the American College of Radiology (ACR).
The ACR awards accreditation to facilities achieving high practice standards after a peer-review evaluation of the facility. Evaluations are conducted by board-certified physicians and medical physicists who are experts in the field. They assess the qualifications of the personnel and the adequacy of the facility’s equipment.
Baptist Golden Triangle added a new GE Signa 1.5T MRI last January. The new MRI allows radiologists at Baptist Golden Triangle to diagnose quicker and with improved accuracy, as well as offer MRI of the breast and breast localizations, he said.
The hospital also added a digital mammography unit to its radiology department last January. The mammography service was certified as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the ACR in May 2009. To receive that distinction, the center had to be accredited in stereotactic breast biopsy and breast ultrasound by the ACR.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Study says Nissan subsidies total $1.33B; MDA says overestimated
- Hosemann revels in victory over Court's redistricting ruling
- Renee Flynt made Craftsmen's Guild president
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- Defunct casino to be moved; cost could rise depending on 'crud'
- Nullification and interposition