Baptist Golden Triangle earns accreditation
COLUMBUS — Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle has been awarded a three-year accreditation in magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) following a recent survey by the American College of Radiology (ACR).
The ACR awards accreditation to facilities achieving high practice standards after a peer-review evaluation of the facility. Evaluations are conducted by board-certified physicians and medical physicists who are experts in the field. They assess the qualifications of the personnel and the adequacy of the facility’s equipment.
Baptist Golden Triangle added a new GE Signa 1.5T MRI last January. The new MRI allows radiologists at Baptist Golden Triangle to diagnose quicker and with improved accuracy, as well as offer MRI of the breast and breast localizations, he said.
The hospital also added a digital mammography unit to its radiology department last January. The mammography service was certified as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the ACR in May 2009. To receive that distinction, the center had to be accredited in stereotactic breast biopsy and breast ultrasound by the ACR.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Ikea confirms plan for Memphis store
- Former Lane Furniture plant sold for $1.45 million
- BILL CRAWFORD: Lowest Common Denominators, Politicians, and Common Core
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Grenada plastics company to expand, add 60 jobs
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- McCrory joins Epps in asking for trial delay