Baptist Golden Triangle earns accreditation
COLUMBUS — Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle has been awarded a three-year accreditation in magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) following a recent survey by the American College of Radiology (ACR).
The ACR awards accreditation to facilities achieving high practice standards after a peer-review evaluation of the facility. Evaluations are conducted by board-certified physicians and medical physicists who are experts in the field. They assess the qualifications of the personnel and the adequacy of the facility’s equipment.
Baptist Golden Triangle added a new GE Signa 1.5T MRI last January. The new MRI allows radiologists at Baptist Golden Triangle to diagnose quicker and with improved accuracy, as well as offer MRI of the breast and breast localizations, he said.
The hospital also added a digital mammography unit to its radiology department last January. The mammography service was certified as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the ACR in May 2009. To receive that distinction, the center had to be accredited in stereotactic breast biopsy and breast ultrasound by the ACR.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015