LaHood amends Toyota statement
by Associated Press
Published: February 3,2010
WASHINGTON – Earlier today, Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood advised Toyota owners to get their vehicles off the road immediately due to sticking gas pedals. Now, he says he misspoke.
Instead, LaHood says take the vehicles to dealerships to get them repaired.
LaHood told reporters it was “obviously a misstatement” when he told a House panel earlier today that he would advise owners not to drive recalled vehicles. The remark came during testimony to the Appropriations subcommittee on transportation.
Toyota’s most recent recall in the United States affects 2.3 million vehicles with the potential for sticking gas pedals.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Conservator: Schools had too many employees
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- Study says state sacrificing billions of dollars, 20,000 jobs in refusing Medicaid expansion
- Mars Food to celebrate 35 years in Port City
- Council wants more info on proposed baseball stadium