LaHood amends Toyota statement
Published: February 3,2010
WASHINGTON – Earlier today, Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood advised Toyota owners to get their vehicles off the road immediately due to sticking gas pedals. Now, he says he misspoke.
Instead, LaHood says take the vehicles to dealerships to get them repaired.
LaHood told reporters it was “obviously a misstatement” when he told a House panel earlier today that he would advise owners not to drive recalled vehicles. The remark came during testimony to the Appropriations subcommittee on transportation.
Toyota’s most recent recall in the United States affects 2.3 million vehicles with the potential for sticking gas pedals.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Airport gets grant to support seasonal service from Sun Country
- State officials identify first flu case this season
- STAYING POSITIVE — Career attitude help Brynn Joachim to fight disease at 41