MDA awards funding to communities
by Wally Northway
Published: February 3,2010
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The Mississippi Development Authority’s (MDA’s) Community Service Division recently awarded CDBG Community Self-Help, CDBG Economic Development (CDBG ED) and Capital Improvement Revolving (CAP) Loan Program funding for eight improvement projects located throughout the state.
CDBG Community Self-Help funds are designed to address local community needs such as water, wastewater, downtown improvements and recreation. CDBG ED funds help local units of government ensure basic community services, environmental quality and economic opportunities for their residents. The CAP Loan Program provides loans in order to finance capital improvements.
The awards, which total over $3 million, include:
• CAP Loan: City of Laurel ($250,477 for a new fire truck; Monroe County ($1.5 million to purchase a building for economic development; and, Town of Richton ($500,000 for water and sewer improvements)
• CDBG Community Self-Help: Town of Cruger ($100,000 to construct a community recreational park)
• CDBG ED: Washington County (Regional Jail) ($650,000 for infrastructure improvements)
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data