U.S. cities see higher jobless rate
Published: February 3,2010
Unemployment rates were higher in December than a year earlier in 371 of the 372 metropolitan areas and lower in one area, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported yesterday.
Nineteen areas recorded jobless rates of at least 15 percent, while 10 areas registered rates below 5 percent.
Among the 369 metropolitan areas for which nonfarm payroll employment were available, 356 areas reported over-the-year decreases in employment, 12 reported increases and one remained unchanged.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Baker Donelson recognized