U.S. cities see higher jobless rate
Published: February 3,2010
Unemployment rates were higher in December than a year earlier in 371 of the 372 metropolitan areas and lower in one area, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported yesterday.
Nineteen areas recorded jobless rates of at least 15 percent, while 10 areas registered rates below 5 percent.
Among the 369 metropolitan areas for which nonfarm payroll employment were available, 356 areas reported over-the-year decreases in employment, 12 reported increases and one remained unchanged.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Williams Brothers General Store is something to count on
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters