County buys property, leases to Big M
BLUE MOUNTAIN — The Tippah County Board of Supervisors has completed the purchase of more than 15 acres of land that includes the former PrintCraft building in Blue Mountain. The property was acquired from BenchCraft, LLC, for $55,000, and is being leased to Big M Transportation.
It is Big M that purchased the former Blue Mountain Trucking property last year.
“I appreciate the county’s efforts to help us obtain this property.” said Michael Massengill, president of Big M.
According to county officials, the Tippah County has applied for grants to improve access to this property as well as the Town of Blue Mountain’s lagoon.
“The county purchased the property to allow Big M Transportation and Diesel Express to expand its logistics business which will bring additional jobs to the area.” said Ronnie Dunnam, Third District supervisor whose district includes the property.
Big M will also use the property to park its 250 trucks and trailers.
Under the agreement with the county, Big M will be responsible for the lease payments that will pay the cost of the building and offset any taxes that the county will lose because the building is titled in the county’s name.
“This is another opportunity where government and private industry can cooperate to bring jobs to our County,” said Duane Bullard, director of the Tippah County Development Foundation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment