County buys property, leases to Big M
BLUE MOUNTAIN — The Tippah County Board of Supervisors has completed the purchase of more than 15 acres of land that includes the former PrintCraft building in Blue Mountain. The property was acquired from BenchCraft, LLC, for $55,000, and is being leased to Big M Transportation.
It is Big M that purchased the former Blue Mountain Trucking property last year.
“I appreciate the county’s efforts to help us obtain this property.” said Michael Massengill, president of Big M.
According to county officials, the Tippah County has applied for grants to improve access to this property as well as the Town of Blue Mountain’s lagoon.
“The county purchased the property to allow Big M Transportation and Diesel Express to expand its logistics business which will bring additional jobs to the area.” said Ronnie Dunnam, Third District supervisor whose district includes the property.
Big M will also use the property to park its 250 trucks and trailers.
Under the agreement with the county, Big M will be responsible for the lease payments that will pay the cost of the building and offset any taxes that the county will lose because the building is titled in the county’s name.
“This is another opportunity where government and private industry can cooperate to bring jobs to our County,” said Duane Bullard, director of the Tippah County Development Foundation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Cannabis for the rest of us
- MARTY WISEMAN: The current racial strife and the failure to educate
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- BILL CRAWFORD: Boyce takes hot spot as IHL commissioner
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Real Estate Forum panelists: Lenders, investors hungry for deals on residential rentals in Miss., elsewhere