Mayor preparing for trip to China
Published: February 4,2010
HATTIESBURG — Hattiesburg Mayor Johnny DuPree will travel to Linyi, China, in March.
Linyi is south of Shandong province and has a population of about 10 million people.
DuPree tells the Hattiesburg American that he and his staff will be joined by some faculty and staff from William Carey University. The school shares a formal relationship with Linyi.
DuPree says the city’s only expense will be airline tickets. Linyi officials are handling all other expenses.
DuPree said Linyi’s mayor invited him to see some of the economic opportunities of the China providence.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Attorney McRae challenging Miss. treasurer in GOP primary
- Judge names receiver for KiOR plant, but tax payment unclear
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Rival plans filed to end Cleveland schools federal oversight
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- Production under way at Grammer AG in Tupelo
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs