Mayor preparing for trip to China
Published: February 4,2010
HATTIESBURG — Hattiesburg Mayor Johnny DuPree will travel to Linyi, China, in March.
Linyi is south of Shandong province and has a population of about 10 million people.
DuPree tells the Hattiesburg American that he and his staff will be joined by some faculty and staff from William Carey University. The school shares a formal relationship with Linyi.
DuPree says the city’s only expense will be airline tickets. Linyi officials are handling all other expenses.
DuPree said Linyi’s mayor invited him to see some of the economic opportunities of the China providence.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- Pickwick Pines settles lawsuit; pays $260K
- MSU sets new annual fundraising record of $106M-plus