Mayor preparing for trip to China
by Associated Press
Published: February 4,2010
HATTIESBURG — Hattiesburg Mayor Johnny DuPree will travel to Linyi, China, in March.
Linyi is south of Shandong province and has a population of about 10 million people.
DuPree tells the Hattiesburg American that he and his staff will be joined by some faculty and staff from William Carey University. The school shares a formal relationship with Linyi.
DuPree says the city’s only expense will be airline tickets. Linyi officials are handling all other expenses.
DuPree said Linyi’s mayor invited him to see some of the economic opportunities of the China providence.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- The link between education and economic development
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- Expeditors working out logistics to open Jackson office next month