Mayor preparing for trip to China
by Associated Press
Published: February 4,2010
HATTIESBURG — Hattiesburg Mayor Johnny DuPree will travel to Linyi, China, in March.
Linyi is south of Shandong province and has a population of about 10 million people.
DuPree tells the Hattiesburg American that he and his staff will be joined by some faculty and staff from William Carey University. The school shares a formal relationship with Linyi.
DuPree says the city’s only expense will be airline tickets. Linyi officials are handling all other expenses.
DuPree said Linyi’s mayor invited him to see some of the economic opportunities of the China providence.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Hosemann revels in victory over Court's redistricting ruling
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Airport's food irradiation business could create new jobs
- In wake of bond issue failure, golf course fights to stay playable
- Nullification and interposition
- Ag officials say late planting reaching historical proportions