Mayor preparing for trip to China
Published: February 4,2010
HATTIESBURG — Hattiesburg Mayor Johnny DuPree will travel to Linyi, China, in March.
Linyi is south of Shandong province and has a population of about 10 million people.
DuPree tells the Hattiesburg American that he and his staff will be joined by some faculty and staff from William Carey University. The school shares a formal relationship with Linyi.
DuPree says the city’s only expense will be airline tickets. Linyi officials are handling all other expenses.
DuPree said Linyi’s mayor invited him to see some of the economic opportunities of the China providence.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again