Second round of energy program underway
Published: February 4,2010
JACKSON — The Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) is accepting applications for round two of the Mississippi Job Protection through Energy Economic Development Program.
This program, funded by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA), provides grants to eligible Mississippi businesses for energy-efficient retrofits and upgrades to their facilities with the goal that the resulting savings would make the companies more competitive and enable them to save and create jobs. Approximately $5 million is available for round two of this program.
MDA said it received a very high response to round one of the program, which resulted in 24 grant awards to a variety of businesses in locations around the state. The agency anticipates a highly competitive selection process for round two of the program as well. Applications for round two are due by 3 p.m. CST March 31.
Changes have been made to the program since round one. Interested applicants, including those who applied but did not receive funding in the first round, must read the revised round two funding opportunity announcement (FOA) and submit an application for round two. To access the FOA, visit www.stimulus.mississippi.org and select “Funding Opportunities and Announcements” from the menu on the left.
A webinar is scheduled for Feb. 16 from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. for those inquiring about this opportunity and the application process. To view additional information about this program or to learn how to register for the webinar, visit www.stimulus.mississippi.org.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs