The First declares special dividend
Published: February 4,2010
HATTIESBURG — The First Bancshares Inc., holding company for The First, A National Banking Association, has announced a special dividend of $0.05 per common share as well as a quarterly dividend of $0.025 per common share.
The record date of both dividends will be Feb. 11, 2010, with a payable date of February 26, 2010.
The First also reports net income available to common shareholders for the three months ended Dec. 31, 2009, was $525,000, or $.17 per diluted share, compared to $385,000, or $.13 per diluted share, for the same quarter in 2008, an increase of $140,000, or 36.4 percent.
Net income available to common shareholders for the year ended Dec. 31, 2009, was $1.461 million, a 21 percent decrease from the $1.849 million reported for the year ended Dec. 31, 2008.
M. Ray “Hoppy” Cole, president and CEO, said, “Forty-two consecutive quarters of profit speak well for our company. Additionally, the last two quarters of 2009 showed increased earnings over the comparable two quarters of 2008. Shareholders will also be pleased by the board of director’s decision to declare a dividend to our common shareholders. Continued improvement in our net interest margin and a reduction in our operating expenses are the result of focused efforts by our employees to improve the bank’s performance.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- Former Mississippi First Lady Carroll Waller dies at 87
- After string of losses, O'Hara sees himself as Senate 'protest vote'
- Number of requests for general election absentee ballots roughly same as primary