The First declares special dividend
by Wally Northway
Published: February 4,2010
HATTIESBURG — The First Bancshares Inc., holding company for The First, A National Banking Association, has announced a special dividend of $0.05 per common share as well as a quarterly dividend of $0.025 per common share.
The record date of both dividends will be Feb. 11, 2010, with a payable date of February 26, 2010.
The First also reports net income available to common shareholders for the three months ended Dec. 31, 2009, was $525,000, or $.17 per diluted share, compared to $385,000, or $.13 per diluted share, for the same quarter in 2008, an increase of $140,000, or 36.4 percent.
Net income available to common shareholders for the year ended Dec. 31, 2009, was $1.461 million, a 21 percent decrease from the $1.849 million reported for the year ended Dec. 31, 2008.
M. Ray “Hoppy” Cole, president and CEO, said, “Forty-two consecutive quarters of profit speak well for our company. Additionally, the last two quarters of 2009 showed increased earnings over the comparable two quarters of 2008. Shareholders will also be pleased by the board of director’s decision to declare a dividend to our common shareholders. Continued improvement in our net interest margin and a reduction in our operating expenses are the result of focused efforts by our employees to improve the bank’s performance.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip