The First declares special dividend
Published: February 4,2010
HATTIESBURG — The First Bancshares Inc., holding company for The First, A National Banking Association, has announced a special dividend of $0.05 per common share as well as a quarterly dividend of $0.025 per common share.
The record date of both dividends will be Feb. 11, 2010, with a payable date of February 26, 2010.
The First also reports net income available to common shareholders for the three months ended Dec. 31, 2009, was $525,000, or $.17 per diluted share, compared to $385,000, or $.13 per diluted share, for the same quarter in 2008, an increase of $140,000, or 36.4 percent.
Net income available to common shareholders for the year ended Dec. 31, 2009, was $1.461 million, a 21 percent decrease from the $1.849 million reported for the year ended Dec. 31, 2008.
M. Ray “Hoppy” Cole, president and CEO, said, “Forty-two consecutive quarters of profit speak well for our company. Additionally, the last two quarters of 2009 showed increased earnings over the comparable two quarters of 2008. Shareholders will also be pleased by the board of director’s decision to declare a dividend to our common shareholders. Continued improvement in our net interest margin and a reduction in our operating expenses are the result of focused efforts by our employees to improve the bank’s performance.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- State's jobless rate remains highest in U.S.
- Former DMR manager pleads guilty to embezzlement
- GOLF ranks state's courses; Fallen Oaks, Dancing Rabbit make top 100
- Southern Bancorp to acquire Bank of Bolivar County