The First declares special dividend
Published: February 4,2010
HATTIESBURG — The First Bancshares Inc., holding company for The First, A National Banking Association, has announced a special dividend of $0.05 per common share as well as a quarterly dividend of $0.025 per common share.
The record date of both dividends will be Feb. 11, 2010, with a payable date of February 26, 2010.
The First also reports net income available to common shareholders for the three months ended Dec. 31, 2009, was $525,000, or $.17 per diluted share, compared to $385,000, or $.13 per diluted share, for the same quarter in 2008, an increase of $140,000, or 36.4 percent.
Net income available to common shareholders for the year ended Dec. 31, 2009, was $1.461 million, a 21 percent decrease from the $1.849 million reported for the year ended Dec. 31, 2008.
M. Ray “Hoppy” Cole, president and CEO, said, “Forty-two consecutive quarters of profit speak well for our company. Additionally, the last two quarters of 2009 showed increased earnings over the comparable two quarters of 2008. Shareholders will also be pleased by the board of director’s decision to declare a dividend to our common shareholders. Continued improvement in our net interest margin and a reduction in our operating expenses are the result of focused efforts by our employees to improve the bank’s performance.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force