Hood: State settles with Eli Lilly
by Associated Press
Published: February 5,2010
JACKSON — Attorney General Jim Hood says Mississippi will receive $18.5 million in a settlement with drug manufacturer Eli Lilly and Co.
Hood, speaking yesterday at a news conference in Jackson, says the settlement represents a recovery for funds spent on the anti-psychotic drug Zyprexa by Medicaid and the state insurance plan.
Zyprexa has been Lilly’s top-selling drug for several years.
In January, Lilly reported Zyprexa had double-digit sales growth to $1.36 billion in the fourth quarter.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- With no interim, board begins hunt for MVSU president
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- WOODS: Time to put gloves on for handgrabbing
- Supervisors to talk with trustees about selling hospital
- The link between education and economic development