Hood: State settles with Eli Lilly
Published: February 5,2010
JACKSON — Attorney General Jim Hood says Mississippi will receive $18.5 million in a settlement with drug manufacturer Eli Lilly and Co.
Hood, speaking yesterday at a news conference in Jackson, says the settlement represents a recovery for funds spent on the anti-psychotic drug Zyprexa by Medicaid and the state insurance plan.
Zyprexa has been Lilly’s top-selling drug for several years.
In January, Lilly reported Zyprexa had double-digit sales growth to $1.36 billion in the fourth quarter.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Airport gets grant to support seasonal service from Sun Country
- State officials identify first flu case this season
- STAYING POSITIVE — Career attitude help Brynn Joachim to fight disease at 41