MEMA offering Mississippi Cottages
Published: February 5,2010
PEARL — The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency (MEMA) is requesting letters of interest from non-profit and government entities that wish to receive Mississippi Cottages for the purpose of meeting ongoing housing needs throughout the Mississippi Gulf Coast.
MEMA is now offering the remaining used cottage stock to nonprofits with 501(c)(3) status, public housing authorities and government entities. The cottages were originally used to test future disaster housing units following Hurricane Katrina.
Those cottages remaining may be donated to be used as affordable housing units for a minimum of five years, as defined by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. Any entity receiving cottages must meet the following criteria:
For more information, e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “MEMA offering Mississippi Cottages”
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Ikea confirms plan for Memphis store
- Former Lane Furniture plant sold for $1.45 million
- BILL CRAWFORD: Lowest Common Denominators, Politicians, and Common Core
- Grenada plastics company to expand, add 60 jobs
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- McCrory joins Epps in asking for trial delay