MEMA offering Mississippi Cottages
Published: February 5,2010
PEARL — The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency (MEMA) is requesting letters of interest from non-profit and government entities that wish to receive Mississippi Cottages for the purpose of meeting ongoing housing needs throughout the Mississippi Gulf Coast.
MEMA is now offering the remaining used cottage stock to nonprofits with 501(c)(3) status, public housing authorities and government entities. The cottages were originally used to test future disaster housing units following Hurricane Katrina.
Those cottages remaining may be donated to be used as affordable housing units for a minimum of five years, as defined by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. Any entity receiving cottages must meet the following criteria:
For more information, e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “MEMA offering Mississippi Cottages”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast