MUW offering free tuition to EMCC students
Published: February 5,2010
COLUMBUS — Mississippi University for Women (MUW) has begun offering free tuition to Lowndes County students who’ve completed their associate’s degrees at East Mississippi Community College (EMCC) with at least 2.5 grade point average.
Bucky Wesley, vice president of student services for MUW, says students must have exhausted all other scholarship and grant possibilities before qualifying for the program at EMCC and again at MUW. Wesley says the tuition guarantee program would make up the difference.
EMCC offers a two-year tuition guarantee program to all counties in its district. MUW may eventually follow suit, Wesley says, but the program is restricted to Lowndes County students for now.
Wesley tells The Columbus Commercial Dispatch that the program is paid for by donations from a consortium of private Mississippi businesses.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces
- Miss. children's hospital plans $150 million expansion