MUW offering free tuition to EMCC students
Published: February 5,2010
COLUMBUS — Mississippi University for Women (MUW) has begun offering free tuition to Lowndes County students who’ve completed their associate’s degrees at East Mississippi Community College (EMCC) with at least 2.5 grade point average.
Bucky Wesley, vice president of student services for MUW, says students must have exhausted all other scholarship and grant possibilities before qualifying for the program at EMCC and again at MUW. Wesley says the tuition guarantee program would make up the difference.
EMCC offers a two-year tuition guarantee program to all counties in its district. MUW may eventually follow suit, Wesley says, but the program is restricted to Lowndes County students for now.
Wesley tells The Columbus Commercial Dispatch that the program is paid for by donations from a consortium of private Mississippi businesses.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- College Board gives Keenum contract extension, raise
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that
- Apple ordered to pay $23.6M for using SkyTel technology
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Rep. Howell decides not to seek re-election to House
- LTE: With tax cuts, Gov. Bryant dismissive of least of us