MUW offering free tuition to EMCC students
Published: February 5,2010
COLUMBUS — Mississippi University for Women (MUW) has begun offering free tuition to Lowndes County students who’ve completed their associate’s degrees at East Mississippi Community College (EMCC) with at least 2.5 grade point average.
Bucky Wesley, vice president of student services for MUW, says students must have exhausted all other scholarship and grant possibilities before qualifying for the program at EMCC and again at MUW. Wesley says the tuition guarantee program would make up the difference.
EMCC offers a two-year tuition guarantee program to all counties in its district. MUW may eventually follow suit, Wesley says, but the program is restricted to Lowndes County students for now.
Wesley tells The Columbus Commercial Dispatch that the program is paid for by donations from a consortium of private Mississippi businesses.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Pickwick Pines settles lawsuit; pays $260K
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation
- MSU sets new annual fundraising record of $106M-plus