MUW offering free tuition to EMCC students
Published: February 5,2010
COLUMBUS — Mississippi University for Women (MUW) has begun offering free tuition to Lowndes County students who’ve completed their associate’s degrees at East Mississippi Community College (EMCC) with at least 2.5 grade point average.
Bucky Wesley, vice president of student services for MUW, says students must have exhausted all other scholarship and grant possibilities before qualifying for the program at EMCC and again at MUW. Wesley says the tuition guarantee program would make up the difference.
EMCC offers a two-year tuition guarantee program to all counties in its district. MUW may eventually follow suit, Wesley says, but the program is restricted to Lowndes County students for now.
Wesley tells The Columbus Commercial Dispatch that the program is paid for by donations from a consortium of private Mississippi businesses.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- PHIL HARDWICK: Characteristics of a good year-end fundraising letter
- Short supplies, high demand boost cattle producer profits
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today