MUW offering free tuition to EMCC students
Published: February 5,2010
COLUMBUS — Mississippi University for Women (MUW) has begun offering free tuition to Lowndes County students who’ve completed their associate’s degrees at East Mississippi Community College (EMCC) with at least 2.5 grade point average.
Bucky Wesley, vice president of student services for MUW, says students must have exhausted all other scholarship and grant possibilities before qualifying for the program at EMCC and again at MUW. Wesley says the tuition guarantee program would make up the difference.
EMCC offers a two-year tuition guarantee program to all counties in its district. MUW may eventually follow suit, Wesley says, but the program is restricted to Lowndes County students for now.
Wesley tells The Columbus Commercial Dispatch that the program is paid for by donations from a consortium of private Mississippi businesses.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life