AGT lands Excellence Award from Stennis
Published: February 8,2010
HANCOCK COUNTY — Applied Geo Technologies (AGT) is the recipient of a John C. Stennis Space Center Contractor Excellence Award.
AGT, who first began work at Stennis Space Center in 2004, was selected for excellence in its work related to the Center’s laboratory services, including becoming the first resident agency at Stennis Space Center to receive the Occupational Safety and Health Administration Voluntary Protection Program “Star” status for safety implementations.
AGT developed a quality built in approach to work performed at the Stennis labs, from process control to management oversight, as an attempt to reduce the potential of quality and/or performance problems at all levels. This approach has resulted in reduced human error, high scores for technical performance and timeliness, zero cost overruns, and an excellent safety record.
Recognition through the Stennis Space Center Contractor Excellence Awards automatically qualifies AGT for consideration to receive the prestigious George M. Low Award, NASA’s highest honor for a space contractor.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “AGT lands Excellence Award from Stennis”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator