AGT lands Excellence Award from Stennis
Published: February 8,2010
HANCOCK COUNTY — Applied Geo Technologies (AGT) is the recipient of a John C. Stennis Space Center Contractor Excellence Award.
AGT, who first began work at Stennis Space Center in 2004, was selected for excellence in its work related to the Center’s laboratory services, including becoming the first resident agency at Stennis Space Center to receive the Occupational Safety and Health Administration Voluntary Protection Program “Star” status for safety implementations.
AGT developed a quality built in approach to work performed at the Stennis labs, from process control to management oversight, as an attempt to reduce the potential of quality and/or performance problems at all levels. This approach has resulted in reduced human error, high scores for technical performance and timeliness, zero cost overruns, and an excellent safety record.
Recognition through the Stennis Space Center Contractor Excellence Awards automatically qualifies AGT for consideration to receive the prestigious George M. Low Award, NASA’s highest honor for a space contractor.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “AGT lands Excellence Award from Stennis”
Top Posts & Pages
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Research on dogs could lead to better understanding of human cancer
- Keesler Medical Center set to begin $74M renovation project
- ONE MORE YEAR: Leaders want year more of study on comprehensive road, bridge upkeep
- Community college dedicating new welding technology center