AGT lands Excellence Award from Stennis
by Wally Northway
Published: February 8,2010
HANCOCK COUNTY — Applied Geo Technologies (AGT) is the recipient of a John C. Stennis Space Center Contractor Excellence Award.
AGT, who first began work at Stennis Space Center in 2004, was selected for excellence in its work related to the Center’s laboratory services, including becoming the first resident agency at Stennis Space Center to receive the Occupational Safety and Health Administration Voluntary Protection Program “Star” status for safety implementations.
AGT developed a quality built in approach to work performed at the Stennis labs, from process control to management oversight, as an attempt to reduce the potential of quality and/or performance problems at all levels. This approach has resulted in reduced human error, high scores for technical performance and timeliness, zero cost overruns, and an excellent safety record.
Recognition through the Stennis Space Center Contractor Excellence Awards automatically qualifies AGT for consideration to receive the prestigious George M. Low Award, NASA’s highest honor for a space contractor.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “AGT lands Excellence Award from Stennis”
Top Posts & Pages
- JACKSON JILTED —Southwest Airlines pulling up stakes and leaving Mississippi
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- M&F branches to close as Renasant wraps up merger
- Gaming Commission gives nod to Coast city's first casino
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- Aldermen review adult business ordinance, call public hearing
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn