Blendinger writes another book
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 8,2010
Mississippi State University education professor Jack Blendinger has co-authored a book that urges school administrators, teachers and others in the field to personally lead in improving community literacy by becoming good writers themselves. “Walking the Talk: Modeling Literacy” is the 256-page creation of Blendinger, a member of the university’s College of Education faculty, and James L. Nicholson, a retired newspaper editor, English instructor and Blendinger’s former California high school classmate.
The book is a January release of KendallHunt Publishing Co. of Dubuque, Iowa.
This is the second book of its kind by Blendinger, a specialist in educational leadership and MSU faculty member since 1990. Three years ago, he released “Write Like a Pro!” — also from KendallHunt — that provided a ready reference guide to writing skills. Before entering higher education, Blendinger spent more than three decades as a high school teacher, principal and public school superintendent in California and Colorado. Beyond an education career, the University of Northern Colorado doctoral graduate competes internationally in canoe and kayak racing.
Nicholson holds degrees in history and English from California State University, Los Angeles and Vanderbilt University, respectively. He is now retired and resides in South Euclid, Ohio.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal