Blendinger writes another book
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 8,2010
Mississippi State University education professor Jack Blendinger has co-authored a book that urges school administrators, teachers and others in the field to personally lead in improving community literacy by becoming good writers themselves. “Walking the Talk: Modeling Literacy” is the 256-page creation of Blendinger, a member of the university’s College of Education faculty, and James L. Nicholson, a retired newspaper editor, English instructor and Blendinger’s former California high school classmate.
The book is a January release of KendallHunt Publishing Co. of Dubuque, Iowa.
This is the second book of its kind by Blendinger, a specialist in educational leadership and MSU faculty member since 1990. Three years ago, he released “Write Like a Pro!” — also from KendallHunt — that provided a ready reference guide to writing skills. Before entering higher education, Blendinger spent more than three decades as a high school teacher, principal and public school superintendent in California and Colorado. Beyond an education career, the University of Northern Colorado doctoral graduate competes internationally in canoe and kayak racing.
Nicholson holds degrees in history and English from California State University, Los Angeles and Vanderbilt University, respectively. He is now retired and resides in South Euclid, Ohio.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- The Blues and higher education — Delta State launches the International Delta Blues Project
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Singing River shutting doors on two Coast clinics
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62