Bridges wins Government Service Award
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 8,2010
Tags: 2009 Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry, Dr. Todd Bridges, Environmental Laboratory, ERDC, Government Service Award, SETAC, U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center, VICKSBURG
Dr. Todd Bridges, a senior research scientist (ST) for environmental science in the Environmental Laboratory (EL) at the U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) in Vicksburg, has received the 2009 Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry (SETAC) Government Service Award.
Bridges’ primary areas of research at ERDC are the development of risk and decision analysis methods applied to water resources infrastructure and environmental management and the science and engineering of sediment management. An 18-year veteran of ERDC, he also serves as the director of the Center for Contaminated Sediments and as the program manager for the Dredging Operations Environmental Research program, one of the Corps largest civil works R&D programs, where he directs the execution of more than $6 million in research annually.
Bridges serves on the editorial board for the journal Integrated Environmental Assessment and Management. He is an active member of the Society for Risk Analysis, the Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry, the Ecological Society of America, and the International Navigation Association and has published more than 50 journal articles and book chapters and numerous reports for project sponsors.
A Clovis, Calif., native, Bridges has a bachelor’s and a master’s in biology/zoology from California State University, Fresno, and a doctorate in biological oceanography at North Carolina State University. He resides in Clinton with his wife, Anita, and their three children – Hannah, Noah, and Addison.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option