Keenum wins Congressional award
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 8,2010
Mississippi State University president Mark E. Keenum is being honored with the 2010 Leadership Award from the Congressional Award Program. The honor recognizes his support of the partnership between MSU and the Congressional Awards Program, which has promoted initiative, achievement and service by young people through 4-H programs since 1979.
Senators Thad Cochran and Roger Wicker, along with Gov. Haley Barbour, attended the presentation at a Washington, D.C., banquet.
President and Mrs. Jimmy Carter, former astronaut and Ohio Sen. John Glenn, Kansas Sen. Bob Dole and first ladies Nancy Reagan and Laura Bush are among past selections for the honor received this year by Keenum.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal