Keenum wins Congressional award
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 8,2010
Mississippi State University president Mark E. Keenum is being honored with the 2010 Leadership Award from the Congressional Award Program. The honor recognizes his support of the partnership between MSU and the Congressional Awards Program, which has promoted initiative, achievement and service by young people through 4-H programs since 1979.
Senators Thad Cochran and Roger Wicker, along with Gov. Haley Barbour, attended the presentation at a Washington, D.C., banquet.
President and Mrs. Jimmy Carter, former astronaut and Ohio Sen. John Glenn, Kansas Sen. Bob Dole and first ladies Nancy Reagan and Laura Bush are among past selections for the honor received this year by Keenum.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- The link between education and economic development
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- Expeditors working out logistics to open Jackson office next month