Keenum wins Congressional award
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 8,2010
Mississippi State University president Mark E. Keenum is being honored with the 2010 Leadership Award from the Congressional Award Program. The honor recognizes his support of the partnership between MSU and the Congressional Awards Program, which has promoted initiative, achievement and service by young people through 4-H programs since 1979.
Senators Thad Cochran and Roger Wicker, along with Gov. Haley Barbour, attended the presentation at a Washington, D.C., banquet.
President and Mrs. Jimmy Carter, former astronaut and Ohio Sen. John Glenn, Kansas Sen. Bob Dole and first ladies Nancy Reagan and Laura Bush are among past selections for the honor received this year by Keenum.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- The Blues and higher education — Delta State launches the International Delta Blues Project
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Singing River shutting doors on two Coast clinics
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62