Keenum wins Congressional award
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 8,2010
Mississippi State University president Mark E. Keenum is being honored with the 2010 Leadership Award from the Congressional Award Program. The honor recognizes his support of the partnership between MSU and the Congressional Awards Program, which has promoted initiative, achievement and service by young people through 4-H programs since 1979.
Senators Thad Cochran and Roger Wicker, along with Gov. Haley Barbour, attended the presentation at a Washington, D.C., banquet.
President and Mrs. Jimmy Carter, former astronaut and Ohio Sen. John Glenn, Kansas Sen. Bob Dole and first ladies Nancy Reagan and Laura Bush are among past selections for the honor received this year by Keenum.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- DAVID WILLIAMS: Smart traffic signals pave way for better driving in connected world
- Developers withdraw zoning application for former country club
- Lawmakers: Time to raze IHL
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?