Keenum wins Congressional award
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 8,2010
Mississippi State University president Mark E. Keenum is being honored with the 2010 Leadership Award from the Congressional Award Program. The honor recognizes his support of the partnership between MSU and the Congressional Awards Program, which has promoted initiative, achievement and service by young people through 4-H programs since 1979.
Senators Thad Cochran and Roger Wicker, along with Gov. Haley Barbour, attended the presentation at a Washington, D.C., banquet.
President and Mrs. Jimmy Carter, former astronaut and Ohio Sen. John Glenn, Kansas Sen. Bob Dole and first ladies Nancy Reagan and Laura Bush are among past selections for the honor received this year by Keenum.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow