Keenum wins Congressional award
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 8,2010
Mississippi State University president Mark E. Keenum is being honored with the 2010 Leadership Award from the Congressional Award Program. The honor recognizes his support of the partnership between MSU and the Congressional Awards Program, which has promoted initiative, achievement and service by young people through 4-H programs since 1979.
Senators Thad Cochran and Roger Wicker, along with Gov. Haley Barbour, attended the presentation at a Washington, D.C., banquet.
President and Mrs. Jimmy Carter, former astronaut and Ohio Sen. John Glenn, Kansas Sen. Bob Dole and first ladies Nancy Reagan and Laura Bush are among past selections for the honor received this year by Keenum.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- CSpire offering 1Phone 6, IPhone 6 Plus on Sept. 19
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- MBJ's Business Marketplace set for Sept. 19 at Mississippi's Trade Mart
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference
- State's corn crop could set new yield record
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation