Keeping Our Eye On: Sara White
by Stephen McDill
Published: February 8,2010
Education: University of Southern Mississippi, BSBA in accounting & information systems; Mississippi College School of Law, J.D
Current Position: Attorney, Willoughby Law Group, PLLC
Sara White says that it was Martin and Nicki Willoughby that first introduced her to tennis. It was through their coaching and lots of practice that White excelled at the sport in high school and earned a NCAA Women’s scholarship to play at the University of Southern Mississippi.
While at USM, White was on the tennis team and the National Dean’s List. She was also active in the Phi Mu Hattiesburg Alumni Chapter, the Legacy, and did volunteer work with Habitat for Humanity.
White rejoined the Willoughby family in May 2009 after law school, this time not for sports but for work. Her principal areas of practice as an attorney for the Willoughby Law Group, PLLC include estate planning, real estate, and business formations. Prior to taking her position at Willoughby, White worked as an “oversight analyst” for Baker Donelson and clerked for the Office of the Attorney General, drafting pleadings, briefs, and oral arguments. While earning her J.D. at Mississippi College, White worked as a law clerk and served on the Women’s Student Bar Association. She also studied criminal law and intellectual property in the Czech Republic.
Currently, White is training to run a half marathon to raise support for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and is actively involved in her community through St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church, the Northeast Jackson Rotary, and as an Ambassador for the Greater Jackson Chamber Partnership.
Mississippi’s best keep secret: The Trail on the Natchez Trace
Must have Mississippi food: Bill’s Greek Tavern
Favorite hangout: Julep in Jackson
Favorite Television Show: “The Office”
Favorite Movie: “Breakfast at Tiffany’s”
Favorite Band: Blue Mountain
Last Book Read: “The Help”
Best Role Model: My parents, Julie and Neil Harrison
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Keeping Our Eye On: Sara White”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects