Loper named officer at Hancock
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 8,2010
Hancock Holding Company president and CEO Carl J. Chaney announced the assignment of D. Shane Loper as chief risk officer and chief administrative officer for the company.
Loper received a bachelor’s degree from the University of Southern Mississippi and an MBA from Troy State University. He is also a graduate of the Graduate School of Banking at Louisiana State University. In 2008, Bank Systems and Technology magazine named the Ocean Springs native among America’s Elite 8 in technology for his exemplary leadership and success in restoring Hancock’s critical operations after Hurricane Katrina.
Recently named the regional chairman of the board for the Mississippi Gulf Coast YMCA, he is also a director for the Gulf Coast Business Council and co-chairs the GCBC Master’s Program. A Mississippi Business Journal Top 40 under 40 honoree in 2005, Loper earned additional distinction from the Journal of South Mississippi Business in 2008 as one of the Gulf Coast’s Outstanding Community Leaders.
He served as a major in the Mississippi National Guard and is an active member of St. Paul Methodist Church. Loper lives in Ocean Springs with his wife. They have two children.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- State granted delay in implementing teacher evaluations
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term