Loper named officer at Hancock
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 8,2010
Hancock Holding Company president and CEO Carl J. Chaney announced the assignment of D. Shane Loper as chief risk officer and chief administrative officer for the company.
Loper received a bachelor’s degree from the University of Southern Mississippi and an MBA from Troy State University. He is also a graduate of the Graduate School of Banking at Louisiana State University. In 2008, Bank Systems and Technology magazine named the Ocean Springs native among America’s Elite 8 in technology for his exemplary leadership and success in restoring Hancock’s critical operations after Hurricane Katrina.
Recently named the regional chairman of the board for the Mississippi Gulf Coast YMCA, he is also a director for the Gulf Coast Business Council and co-chairs the GCBC Master’s Program. A Mississippi Business Journal Top 40 under 40 honoree in 2005, Loper earned additional distinction from the Journal of South Mississippi Business in 2008 as one of the Gulf Coast’s Outstanding Community Leaders.
He served as a major in the Mississippi National Guard and is an active member of St. Paul Methodist Church. Loper lives in Ocean Springs with his wife. They have two children.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Cochran continues to question EPA over new regulations
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19