Loper named officer at Hancock
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 8,2010
Hancock Holding Company president and CEO Carl J. Chaney announced the assignment of D. Shane Loper as chief risk officer and chief administrative officer for the company.
Loper received a bachelor’s degree from the University of Southern Mississippi and an MBA from Troy State University. He is also a graduate of the Graduate School of Banking at Louisiana State University. In 2008, Bank Systems and Technology magazine named the Ocean Springs native among America’s Elite 8 in technology for his exemplary leadership and success in restoring Hancock’s critical operations after Hurricane Katrina.
Recently named the regional chairman of the board for the Mississippi Gulf Coast YMCA, he is also a director for the Gulf Coast Business Council and co-chairs the GCBC Master’s Program. A Mississippi Business Journal Top 40 under 40 honoree in 2005, Loper earned additional distinction from the Journal of South Mississippi Business in 2008 as one of the Gulf Coast’s Outstanding Community Leaders.
He served as a major in the Mississippi National Guard and is an active member of St. Paul Methodist Church. Loper lives in Ocean Springs with his wife. They have two children.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager