Nichols named V.P. at Alcorn
Alcorn State University president Dr. George E. Ross announced the appointment of Dr. Ruth Nichols as associate vice president for branch and extension campuses at Alcorn. In this role, Nichols will provide senior level leadership in the Office of the Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs and be responsible for the administration and operation in Vicksburg, Natchez and all locations other than the main campus.
Nichols has most recently served as special assistant to the president off campus development at Alcorn. She has also helped to lay the groundwork for the growth of continuing education offerings.
Nichols was president of North Georgia Technical College in Clarkesville, Ga., where she was responsible for strategic operational planning, fiscal planning and control, human resource development, capital construction, instructional programs, institutional marketing and economic and workforce development.
Nichols has a doctorate in education from Clemson University, post-graduate studies in counseling from Louisiana State University and a master’s degree in education from the University of Southern Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Starkville's Cotton Mill Marketplace hotel breaks ground Wednesday
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- BILL CRAWFORD: Keep schools free from preventable diseases
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast