Nichols named V.P. at Alcorn
Alcorn State University president Dr. George E. Ross announced the appointment of Dr. Ruth Nichols as associate vice president for branch and extension campuses at Alcorn. In this role, Nichols will provide senior level leadership in the Office of the Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs and be responsible for the administration and operation in Vicksburg, Natchez and all locations other than the main campus.
Nichols has most recently served as special assistant to the president off campus development at Alcorn. She has also helped to lay the groundwork for the growth of continuing education offerings.
Nichols was president of North Georgia Technical College in Clarkesville, Ga., where she was responsible for strategic operational planning, fiscal planning and control, human resource development, capital construction, instructional programs, institutional marketing and economic and workforce development.
Nichols has a doctorate in education from Clemson University, post-graduate studies in counseling from Louisiana State University and a master’s degree in education from the University of Southern Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- Man charged in noose left on integration statue at Ole Miss