Nichols named V.P. at Alcorn
Alcorn State University president Dr. George E. Ross announced the appointment of Dr. Ruth Nichols as associate vice president for branch and extension campuses at Alcorn. In this role, Nichols will provide senior level leadership in the Office of the Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs and be responsible for the administration and operation in Vicksburg, Natchez and all locations other than the main campus.
Nichols has most recently served as special assistant to the president off campus development at Alcorn. She has also helped to lay the groundwork for the growth of continuing education offerings.
Nichols was president of North Georgia Technical College in Clarkesville, Ga., where she was responsible for strategic operational planning, fiscal planning and control, human resource development, capital construction, instructional programs, institutional marketing and economic and workforce development.
Nichols has a doctorate in education from Clemson University, post-graduate studies in counseling from Louisiana State University and a master’s degree in education from the University of Southern Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- News The Way You Want It!
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy