Nichols named V.P. at Alcorn
Alcorn State University president Dr. George E. Ross announced the appointment of Dr. Ruth Nichols as associate vice president for branch and extension campuses at Alcorn. In this role, Nichols will provide senior level leadership in the Office of the Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs and be responsible for the administration and operation in Vicksburg, Natchez and all locations other than the main campus.
Nichols has most recently served as special assistant to the president off campus development at Alcorn. She has also helped to lay the groundwork for the growth of continuing education offerings.
Nichols was president of North Georgia Technical College in Clarkesville, Ga., where she was responsible for strategic operational planning, fiscal planning and control, human resource development, capital construction, instructional programs, institutional marketing and economic and workforce development.
Nichols has a doctorate in education from Clemson University, post-graduate studies in counseling from Louisiana State University and a master’s degree in education from the University of Southern Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- State's jobless rate remains highest in U.S.
- Former DMR manager pleads guilty to embezzlement
- GOLF ranks state's courses; Fallen Oaks, Dancing Rabbit make top 100
- Court ruling on Section 42 leaves taxpayers on hook for tax repayments
- Wisconsin man pleads guilty to illegal wildlife trapping
- Jackson air fares among most expensive in the nation