Nichols named V.P. at Alcorn
Alcorn State University president Dr. George E. Ross announced the appointment of Dr. Ruth Nichols as associate vice president for branch and extension campuses at Alcorn. In this role, Nichols will provide senior level leadership in the Office of the Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs and be responsible for the administration and operation in Vicksburg, Natchez and all locations other than the main campus.
Nichols has most recently served as special assistant to the president off campus development at Alcorn. She has also helped to lay the groundwork for the growth of continuing education offerings.
Nichols was president of North Georgia Technical College in Clarkesville, Ga., where she was responsible for strategic operational planning, fiscal planning and control, human resource development, capital construction, instructional programs, institutional marketing and economic and workforce development.
Nichols has a doctorate in education from Clemson University, post-graduate studies in counseling from Louisiana State University and a master’s degree in education from the University of Southern Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- Conservator: Schools had too many employees
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- Study says state sacrificing billions of dollars, 20,000 jobs in refusing Medicaid expansion
- Mars Food to celebrate 35 years in Port City
- Council wants more info on proposed baseball stadium