Ruby named best alumnus
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 8,2010
The Mississippi State University Alumni Association ushers in its 125th year by naming one of the land-grant institution’s best-known administrators as the 2010 national alumnus of the year. Roy H. Ruby was vice president for MSU’s Division of Student Affairs for 17 years, then College of Education dean for several years before retiring in 2004. In late 2008, he was asked by the state College Board to serve as interim chief executive while it concluded a presidential search process that chose current president Mark E. Keenum.
Ruby, a Mississippi Delta native, had a 40-year administrative tenure at his alma mater, from which he received bachelor’s and master’s degrees in political science in 1961 and 1966, respectively. He also holds a doctorate from the University of Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip