Ruby named best alumnus
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 8,2010
The Mississippi State University Alumni Association ushers in its 125th year by naming one of the land-grant institution’s best-known administrators as the 2010 national alumnus of the year. Roy H. Ruby was vice president for MSU’s Division of Student Affairs for 17 years, then College of Education dean for several years before retiring in 2004. In late 2008, he was asked by the state College Board to serve as interim chief executive while it concluded a presidential search process that chose current president Mark E. Keenum.
Ruby, a Mississippi Delta native, had a 40-year administrative tenure at his alma mater, from which he received bachelor’s and master’s degrees in political science in 1961 and 1966, respectively. He also holds a doctorate from the University of Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Hosemann revels in victory over Court's redistricting ruling
- Nullification and interposition
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Airport's food irradiation business could create new jobs
- In wake of bond issue failure, golf course fights to stay playable