Ruby named best alumnus
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 8,2010
The Mississippi State University Alumni Association ushers in its 125th year by naming one of the land-grant institution’s best-known administrators as the 2010 national alumnus of the year. Roy H. Ruby was vice president for MSU’s Division of Student Affairs for 17 years, then College of Education dean for several years before retiring in 2004. In late 2008, he was asked by the state College Board to serve as interim chief executive while it concluded a presidential search process that chose current president Mark E. Keenum.
Ruby, a Mississippi Delta native, had a 40-year administrative tenure at his alma mater, from which he received bachelor’s and master’s degrees in political science in 1961 and 1966, respectively. He also holds a doctorate from the University of Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Meadville mayor seeks Sojourner's Senate seat
- Entergy plans three solar-power pilot projects
- PHIL HARDWICK: Characteristics of a good year-end fundraising letter
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Record soybean yield is valued at $1.17 billion
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case