Ruby named best alumnus
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 8,2010
The Mississippi State University Alumni Association ushers in its 125th year by naming one of the land-grant institution’s best-known administrators as the 2010 national alumnus of the year. Roy H. Ruby was vice president for MSU’s Division of Student Affairs for 17 years, then College of Education dean for several years before retiring in 2004. In late 2008, he was asked by the state College Board to serve as interim chief executive while it concluded a presidential search process that chose current president Mark E. Keenum.
Ruby, a Mississippi Delta native, had a 40-year administrative tenure at his alma mater, from which he received bachelor’s and master’s degrees in political science in 1961 and 1966, respectively. He also holds a doctorate from the University of Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill