Skertich practicing at Ogletree Deakins
Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C., is pleased to announce that Grace Skertich has joined the firm’s Jackson office as an associate. In her practice, Skertich defends employers in cases involving workplace injuries, sexual harassment, race discrimination, age discrimination and disability discrimination. Skertich also provides advice to employers regarding wage and hour issues, personnel policies, leave issues, discipline and discharge matters. Additionally, she counsels human resources representatives regarding compliance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
While in law school, Skertich was the articles editor of the Editorial Board for the Mississippi College Law Review. She was also a member of the Moot Court Board where she served as shadow counsel for the 2008 Wagner National Labor and Employment Law Competition team.
Skertich earned her J.D. from the Mississippi College School of Law in 2009 and her B.A. from Millsaps College in 2006.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- (UPDATE) I-20 partially closed as vehicle carrying hazardous materials burns
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Community Bank, Pinnacle Trust ink new agreement