Skertich practicing at Ogletree Deakins
Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C., is pleased to announce that Grace Skertich has joined the firm’s Jackson office as an associate. In her practice, Skertich defends employers in cases involving workplace injuries, sexual harassment, race discrimination, age discrimination and disability discrimination. Skertich also provides advice to employers regarding wage and hour issues, personnel policies, leave issues, discipline and discharge matters. Additionally, she counsels human resources representatives regarding compliance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
While in law school, Skertich was the articles editor of the Editorial Board for the Mississippi College Law Review. She was also a member of the Moot Court Board where she served as shadow counsel for the 2008 Wagner National Labor and Employment Law Competition team.
Skertich earned her J.D. from the Mississippi College School of Law in 2009 and her B.A. from Millsaps College in 2006.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- Severstal completes the sale of Columbus plant to Steel Dynamics
- Another marker going up on Mississippi Country Music Trail
- Researchers fly drone into hurricane for the first time
- House votes for transfer of Yellow Creek Port land to state
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner