Skertich practicing at Ogletree Deakins
Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C., is pleased to announce that Grace Skertich has joined the firm’s Jackson office as an associate. In her practice, Skertich defends employers in cases involving workplace injuries, sexual harassment, race discrimination, age discrimination and disability discrimination. Skertich also provides advice to employers regarding wage and hour issues, personnel policies, leave issues, discipline and discharge matters. Additionally, she counsels human resources representatives regarding compliance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
While in law school, Skertich was the articles editor of the Editorial Board for the Mississippi College Law Review. She was also a member of the Moot Court Board where she served as shadow counsel for the 2008 Wagner National Labor and Employment Law Competition team.
Skertich earned her J.D. from the Mississippi College School of Law in 2009 and her B.A. from Millsaps College in 2006.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- Catfish industry launches TV advertising campaign
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Student body presidents pushing for on-time graduation
- NCCI petitioning for workers' comp rate decrease