Wright to oversee human capital initiative
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 8,2010
Dr. Peggy Brasfeild Wright has joined the U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) in Vicksburg as assistant director for human capital. She is the first to hold a full-time position that centers solely on the Human Capital Initiative and its goals.
Prior to accepting the position, Wright served as the first director of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Enterprise (USACE) Information Technology Services (ACE-IT), where she stood up the new organization that provides global IT support to more than 40,000 Corps employees stationed in over 100 countries. A native of Vicksburg, Wright also spent time as the leader of the USACE Information Management/Information Technology Most Efficient Organization Team and as the program manager for the Corps Enterprise Infrastructure Services program.
She received her bachelor’s in computer science from Mississippi College in 1986 and went on to earn a master’s in 1992 and a doctorate in 2000, both in computer science from Mississippi State University (MSU). She maintained a 4.0 throughout the course of her education.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- Conservator: Schools had too many employees
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- Lost Pizza discovered — Restaurateurs begin franchising
- Study says state sacrificing billions of dollars, 20,000 jobs in refusing Medicaid expansion
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- Keeping our eye on ... Laurel Donahoo