Wright to oversee human capital initiative
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 8,2010
Dr. Peggy Brasfeild Wright has joined the U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) in Vicksburg as assistant director for human capital. She is the first to hold a full-time position that centers solely on the Human Capital Initiative and its goals.
Prior to accepting the position, Wright served as the first director of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Enterprise (USACE) Information Technology Services (ACE-IT), where she stood up the new organization that provides global IT support to more than 40,000 Corps employees stationed in over 100 countries. A native of Vicksburg, Wright also spent time as the leader of the USACE Information Management/Information Technology Most Efficient Organization Team and as the program manager for the Corps Enterprise Infrastructure Services program.
She received her bachelor’s in computer science from Mississippi College in 1986 and went on to earn a master’s in 1992 and a doctorate in 2000, both in computer science from Mississippi State University (MSU). She maintained a 4.0 throughout the course of her education.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter
- Cochran's legal counsel asks Court to toss McDaniel's lawsuit
- Ex-Delta mayor indicted, accused of stealing city property
- Williams-Sonoma expanding, adding nearly 1,000 jobs
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- More than half-dozen groups file charter school applications
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters