McGlowan making run for Congress
Published: February 9,2010
OXFORD — Conservative author and TV commentator Angela McGlowan says she is running for Congress in North Mississippi.
She held a news conference yesterday in Oxford to announce that she’s seeking the Republican nomination.
The GOP is hoping to unseat Democrat Travis Childers, who has held the 1st District seat since mid-2008.
McGlowan faces state Sen. Alan Nunnelee of Tupelo and former Eupora Mayor Henry Ross in the June 1 Republican primary.
She is a Lafayette County native and has worked as a Fox News analyst. She published a book in 2007 called “Bamboozled: How Americans Are Being Exploited by the Lies of the Liberal Agenda.”
McGlowan spoke this past weekend at a national Tea Party convention in Nashville.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “McGlowan making run for Congress”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use