McGlowan making run for Congress
Published: February 9,2010
OXFORD — Conservative author and TV commentator Angela McGlowan says she is running for Congress in North Mississippi.
She held a news conference yesterday in Oxford to announce that she’s seeking the Republican nomination.
The GOP is hoping to unseat Democrat Travis Childers, who has held the 1st District seat since mid-2008.
McGlowan faces state Sen. Alan Nunnelee of Tupelo and former Eupora Mayor Henry Ross in the June 1 Republican primary.
She is a Lafayette County native and has worked as a Fox News analyst. She published a book in 2007 called “Bamboozled: How Americans Are Being Exploited by the Lies of the Liberal Agenda.”
McGlowan spoke this past weekend at a national Tea Party convention in Nashville.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “McGlowan making run for Congress”
Top Posts & Pages
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Research on dogs could lead to better understanding of human cancer
- Keesler Medical Center set to begin $74M renovation project
- ONE MORE YEAR: Leaders want year more of study on comprehensive road, bridge upkeep
- Community college dedicating new welding technology center