McGlowan making run for Congress
Published: February 9,2010
OXFORD — Conservative author and TV commentator Angela McGlowan says she is running for Congress in North Mississippi.
She held a news conference yesterday in Oxford to announce that she’s seeking the Republican nomination.
The GOP is hoping to unseat Democrat Travis Childers, who has held the 1st District seat since mid-2008.
McGlowan faces state Sen. Alan Nunnelee of Tupelo and former Eupora Mayor Henry Ross in the June 1 Republican primary.
She is a Lafayette County native and has worked as a Fox News analyst. She published a book in 2007 called “Bamboozled: How Americans Are Being Exploited by the Lies of the Liberal Agenda.”
McGlowan spoke this past weekend at a national Tea Party convention in Nashville.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “McGlowan making run for Congress”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal