McGlowan making run for Congress
Published: February 9,2010
OXFORD — Conservative author and TV commentator Angela McGlowan says she is running for Congress in North Mississippi.
She held a news conference yesterday in Oxford to announce that she’s seeking the Republican nomination.
The GOP is hoping to unseat Democrat Travis Childers, who has held the 1st District seat since mid-2008.
McGlowan faces state Sen. Alan Nunnelee of Tupelo and former Eupora Mayor Henry Ross in the June 1 Republican primary.
She is a Lafayette County native and has worked as a Fox News analyst. She published a book in 2007 called “Bamboozled: How Americans Are Being Exploited by the Lies of the Liberal Agenda.”
McGlowan spoke this past weekend at a national Tea Party convention in Nashville.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “McGlowan making run for Congress”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet