McGlowan making run for Congress
by Associated Press
Published: February 9,2010
OXFORD — Conservative author and TV commentator Angela McGlowan says she is running for Congress in North Mississippi.
She held a news conference yesterday in Oxford to announce that she’s seeking the Republican nomination.
The GOP is hoping to unseat Democrat Travis Childers, who has held the 1st District seat since mid-2008.
McGlowan faces state Sen. Alan Nunnelee of Tupelo and former Eupora Mayor Henry Ross in the June 1 Republican primary.
She is a Lafayette County native and has worked as a Fox News analyst. She published a book in 2007 called “Bamboozled: How Americans Are Being Exploited by the Lies of the Liberal Agenda.”
McGlowan spoke this past weekend at a national Tea Party convention in Nashville.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “McGlowan making run for Congress”
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability