Parker Hannifin adding more workers
BATESVILLE — Officials from Parker Hannifin have announced the expansion of the company’s Batesville operations. The expansion accommodates additional production of refrigerant control and containment components for automotive, heavy-duty truck and off-road air conditioning applications.
The expansion has created 50 new jobs at the facility. Prior to the expansion, the Batesville facility employed approximately 145 workers.
The Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) provided the company with $200,000 in Job Protection funds and workforce training to assist with the project. The company also took advantage of MDA’s Existing Manufacturers Job Rebate Program to help facilitate its expansion.
MDA executive director Gray Swoope said, “The company’s decision to expand in Mississippi further demonstrates its confidence in the state’s workforce, and I commend company officials for their continued investment in the state and for creating additional jobs in Panola County.” ”
With annual sales exceeding $10 billion in fiscal year 2009, Parker Hannifin is the world’s leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The Cleveland, Ohio-based company’s products are integral to the manufacture and processing of raw materials, durable goods, infrastructure development and all forms of transport.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Parker Hannifin adding more workers”
Top Posts & Pages
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges
- Butler Snow Advisory Services adds Jimmy Bailey
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- MDA to lead delegation on mission to Europe
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M