Parker Hannifin adding more workers
BATESVILLE — Officials from Parker Hannifin have announced the expansion of the company’s Batesville operations. The expansion accommodates additional production of refrigerant control and containment components for automotive, heavy-duty truck and off-road air conditioning applications.
The expansion has created 50 new jobs at the facility. Prior to the expansion, the Batesville facility employed approximately 145 workers.
The Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) provided the company with $200,000 in Job Protection funds and workforce training to assist with the project. The company also took advantage of MDA’s Existing Manufacturers Job Rebate Program to help facilitate its expansion.
MDA executive director Gray Swoope said, “The company’s decision to expand in Mississippi further demonstrates its confidence in the state’s workforce, and I commend company officials for their continued investment in the state and for creating additional jobs in Panola County.” ”
With annual sales exceeding $10 billion in fiscal year 2009, Parker Hannifin is the world’s leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The Cleveland, Ohio-based company’s products are integral to the manufacture and processing of raw materials, durable goods, infrastructure development and all forms of transport.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Parker Hannifin adding more workers”
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders