Parker Hannifin adding more workers
BATESVILLE — Officials from Parker Hannifin have announced the expansion of the company’s Batesville operations. The expansion accommodates additional production of refrigerant control and containment components for automotive, heavy-duty truck and off-road air conditioning applications.
The expansion has created 50 new jobs at the facility. Prior to the expansion, the Batesville facility employed approximately 145 workers.
The Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) provided the company with $200,000 in Job Protection funds and workforce training to assist with the project. The company also took advantage of MDA’s Existing Manufacturers Job Rebate Program to help facilitate its expansion.
MDA executive director Gray Swoope said, “The company’s decision to expand in Mississippi further demonstrates its confidence in the state’s workforce, and I commend company officials for their continued investment in the state and for creating additional jobs in Panola County.” ”
With annual sales exceeding $10 billion in fiscal year 2009, Parker Hannifin is the world’s leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The Cleveland, Ohio-based company’s products are integral to the manufacture and processing of raw materials, durable goods, infrastructure development and all forms of transport.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Parker Hannifin adding more workers”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Two Delta groups getting economic development funding
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers