Delta city getting first major airline
Published: February 11,2010
The low-cost carrier will offer roundtrip, nonstop flights on the company’s Boeing 717 aircraft between Tunica Airport and Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.
“Tunica is one of the fastest-growing resort areas in the country and the demand for air service to this previously unserved market is growing by leaps and bounds,” said Kevin Healy, senior vice president of marketing and planning for AirTran Airways. “The reach and convenience of our Atlanta hub will make it easy for customers from around the country to experience all the area has to offer.”
“As the largest gaming operator in Tunica and the owner of Harrah’s Casino Tunica, Horseshoe Casino & Hotel Tunica and Tunica Roadhouse Casino & Hotel, Harrah’s Entertainment Mid-South is proud to partner with AirTran Airways, Tunica Airport, and Tunica Convention and Visitor’s Bureau to announce regularly scheduled commercial air service between Tunica and Atlanta,” said R. Scott Barber, regional president, Harrah’s Mid-South.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Delta city getting first major airline”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Former DMR manager pleads guilty to embezzlement
- State's jobless rate remains highest in U.S.
- GOLF ranks state's courses; Fallen Oaks, Dancing Rabbit make top 100
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Court ruling on Section 42 leaves taxpayers on hook for tax repayments
- Wisconsin man pleads guilty to illegal wildlife trapping
- Jackson air fares among most expensive in the nation