Delta city getting first major airline
Published: February 11,2010
The low-cost carrier will offer roundtrip, nonstop flights on the company’s Boeing 717 aircraft between Tunica Airport and Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.
“Tunica is one of the fastest-growing resort areas in the country and the demand for air service to this previously unserved market is growing by leaps and bounds,” said Kevin Healy, senior vice president of marketing and planning for AirTran Airways. “The reach and convenience of our Atlanta hub will make it easy for customers from around the country to experience all the area has to offer.”
“As the largest gaming operator in Tunica and the owner of Harrah’s Casino Tunica, Horseshoe Casino & Hotel Tunica and Tunica Roadhouse Casino & Hotel, Harrah’s Entertainment Mid-South is proud to partner with AirTran Airways, Tunica Airport, and Tunica Convention and Visitor’s Bureau to announce regularly scheduled commercial air service between Tunica and Atlanta,” said R. Scott Barber, regional president, Harrah’s Mid-South.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Delta city getting first major airline”
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Ikea confirms plan for Memphis store
- Former Lane Furniture plant sold for $1.45 million
- BILL CRAWFORD: Lowest Common Denominators, Politicians, and Common Core
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Grenada plastics company to expand, add 60 jobs
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- McCrory joins Epps in asking for trial delay