Delta city getting first major airline
Published: February 11,2010
The low-cost carrier will offer roundtrip, nonstop flights on the company’s Boeing 717 aircraft between Tunica Airport and Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.
“Tunica is one of the fastest-growing resort areas in the country and the demand for air service to this previously unserved market is growing by leaps and bounds,” said Kevin Healy, senior vice president of marketing and planning for AirTran Airways. “The reach and convenience of our Atlanta hub will make it easy for customers from around the country to experience all the area has to offer.”
“As the largest gaming operator in Tunica and the owner of Harrah’s Casino Tunica, Horseshoe Casino & Hotel Tunica and Tunica Roadhouse Casino & Hotel, Harrah’s Entertainment Mid-South is proud to partner with AirTran Airways, Tunica Airport, and Tunica Convention and Visitor’s Bureau to announce regularly scheduled commercial air service between Tunica and Atlanta,” said R. Scott Barber, regional president, Harrah’s Mid-South.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Delta city getting first major airline”
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast