Delta city getting first major airline
Published: February 11,2010
The low-cost carrier will offer roundtrip, nonstop flights on the company’s Boeing 717 aircraft between Tunica Airport and Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.
“Tunica is one of the fastest-growing resort areas in the country and the demand for air service to this previously unserved market is growing by leaps and bounds,” said Kevin Healy, senior vice president of marketing and planning for AirTran Airways. “The reach and convenience of our Atlanta hub will make it easy for customers from around the country to experience all the area has to offer.”
“As the largest gaming operator in Tunica and the owner of Harrah’s Casino Tunica, Horseshoe Casino & Hotel Tunica and Tunica Roadhouse Casino & Hotel, Harrah’s Entertainment Mid-South is proud to partner with AirTran Airways, Tunica Airport, and Tunica Convention and Visitor’s Bureau to announce regularly scheduled commercial air service between Tunica and Atlanta,” said R. Scott Barber, regional president, Harrah’s Mid-South.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Delta city getting first major airline”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation