Delta city getting first major airline
Published: February 11,2010
The low-cost carrier will offer roundtrip, nonstop flights on the company’s Boeing 717 aircraft between Tunica Airport and Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.
“Tunica is one of the fastest-growing resort areas in the country and the demand for air service to this previously unserved market is growing by leaps and bounds,” said Kevin Healy, senior vice president of marketing and planning for AirTran Airways. “The reach and convenience of our Atlanta hub will make it easy for customers from around the country to experience all the area has to offer.”
“As the largest gaming operator in Tunica and the owner of Harrah’s Casino Tunica, Horseshoe Casino & Hotel Tunica and Tunica Roadhouse Casino & Hotel, Harrah’s Entertainment Mid-South is proud to partner with AirTran Airways, Tunica Airport, and Tunica Convention and Visitor’s Bureau to announce regularly scheduled commercial air service between Tunica and Atlanta,” said R. Scott Barber, regional president, Harrah’s Mid-South.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Delta city getting first major airline”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- School superintendent says he never intended to hire wife's uncle, but recommended him
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point