House proposes another budget plan
by Associated Press
Published: February 11,2010
The House passed a bill yesterday that proposes taking $79 million from financial reserves and putting it into several state programs, with the biggest chunk going to education.
The bill passed the Senate in a different form last month. The revised version returns to the Senate for more work.
Gov. Haley Barbour has cut $458.5 million out of what started as a nearly $6 billion state budget. State revenues have fallen short of expectations for 17 months in a row.
The fiscal year ends June 30.
The bill is Senate Bill 2688.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law