House proposes another budget plan
by Associated Press
Published: February 11,2010
The House passed a bill yesterday that proposes taking $79 million from financial reserves and putting it into several state programs, with the biggest chunk going to education.
The bill passed the Senate in a different form last month. The revised version returns to the Senate for more work.
Gov. Haley Barbour has cut $458.5 million out of what started as a nearly $6 billion state budget. State revenues have fallen short of expectations for 17 months in a row.
The fiscal year ends June 30.
The bill is Senate Bill 2688.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- CARTOON — Nobile illustrates Thad Cochran's most significant advantage over the competition
- Conservator: Schools had too many employees
- Judge denies ex-mayor's motion to vacate Katrina-related conviction
- Wiseman retiring after nearly 30 years with Stennis Institute