MDOT finishes new highway bridge
by Wally Northway
Published: February 11,2010
JONES COUNTY — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has completed the U.S. 11 bridge replacement project near Ellisville State School.
The $4.3-million project was awarded to Dunn Roadbuilders of Laurel. The 2.5-mile project involved work to replace the bridge and area roadway improvements at the intersections of county and state roads with U.S. 11. Turn lanes into Howard Technology Park and Ellisville State School were constructed, along with curb and gutter installation.
MDOT agreed to construct the bridge portion of the project and is working in conjunction with other agencies such as the Jones County Board of Supervisors and the Mississippi Development Authority to complete other portions of the project, including roadway improvements.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Accounting firm finds problems at troubled MDMR
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones
- Hosemann recruiting Realtors to market tax-forfeited property
- South's oldest casino to reopen as Golden Nugget
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- Report: State's teacher education programs 'mediocre at best'