MDOT finishes new highway bridge
by Wally Northway
Published: February 11,2010
JONES COUNTY — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has completed the U.S. 11 bridge replacement project near Ellisville State School.
The $4.3-million project was awarded to Dunn Roadbuilders of Laurel. The 2.5-mile project involved work to replace the bridge and area roadway improvements at the intersections of county and state roads with U.S. 11. Turn lanes into Howard Technology Park and Ellisville State School were constructed, along with curb and gutter installation.
MDOT agreed to construct the bridge portion of the project and is working in conjunction with other agencies such as the Jones County Board of Supervisors and the Mississippi Development Authority to complete other portions of the project, including roadway improvements.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- State granted delay in implementing teacher evaluations
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term