MDOT finishes new highway bridge
Published: February 11,2010
JONES COUNTY — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has completed the U.S. 11 bridge replacement project near Ellisville State School.
The $4.3-million project was awarded to Dunn Roadbuilders of Laurel. The 2.5-mile project involved work to replace the bridge and area roadway improvements at the intersections of county and state roads with U.S. 11. Turn lanes into Howard Technology Park and Ellisville State School were constructed, along with curb and gutter installation.
MDOT agreed to construct the bridge portion of the project and is working in conjunction with other agencies such as the Jones County Board of Supervisors and the Mississippi Development Authority to complete other portions of the project, including roadway improvements.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- More school districts join MAEP lawsuit brought by Musgrove
- City trying to determine who has authority to spend gaming money