MDOT finishes new highway bridge
by Wally Northway
Published: February 11,2010
JONES COUNTY — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has completed the U.S. 11 bridge replacement project near Ellisville State School.
The $4.3-million project was awarded to Dunn Roadbuilders of Laurel. The 2.5-mile project involved work to replace the bridge and area roadway improvements at the intersections of county and state roads with U.S. 11. Turn lanes into Howard Technology Park and Ellisville State School were constructed, along with curb and gutter installation.
MDOT agreed to construct the bridge portion of the project and is working in conjunction with other agencies such as the Jones County Board of Supervisors and the Mississippi Development Authority to complete other portions of the project, including roadway improvements.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- USM staffers Olivia Hurst and Catherine Lott recognized by Public Relations Association of Mississippi