MDOT finishes new highway bridge
Published: February 11,2010
JONES COUNTY — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has completed the U.S. 11 bridge replacement project near Ellisville State School.
The $4.3-million project was awarded to Dunn Roadbuilders of Laurel. The 2.5-mile project involved work to replace the bridge and area roadway improvements at the intersections of county and state roads with U.S. 11. Turn lanes into Howard Technology Park and Ellisville State School were constructed, along with curb and gutter installation.
MDOT agreed to construct the bridge portion of the project and is working in conjunction with other agencies such as the Jones County Board of Supervisors and the Mississippi Development Authority to complete other portions of the project, including roadway improvements.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate