Road projects get stimulus money
Published: February 11,2010
ABERDEEN and AMORY — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has authorized the expenditure of federal stimulus dollars to fund roadway improvements in the cities of Amory and Aberdeen.
During its January meeting, the Mississippi Transportation Commission approved the low bid of $291,418 submitted by Falcon Contracting Company Inc. to mill and overlay Waterway Drive from Highway 278 to 5th Avenue. The contractor was issued a March 1 notice to proceed on the project.
The commission also approved the low bid of $140,160 submitted by Falcon Construction Company to mill and overlay Chestnut Street in Aberdeen from Highway 45 to Highway 145. The contractor was issued a March 1 notice to proceed on the project, as well.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- ALAN TURNER: Education in Mississippi – good and bad news
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JOSH MABUS: The Tao of Road House
- Answering the Bell: Interim Ole Miss law school dean well-regarded for directing hands-on clinical training