Road projects get stimulus money
Published: February 11,2010
ABERDEEN and AMORY — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has authorized the expenditure of federal stimulus dollars to fund roadway improvements in the cities of Amory and Aberdeen.
During its January meeting, the Mississippi Transportation Commission approved the low bid of $291,418 submitted by Falcon Contracting Company Inc. to mill and overlay Waterway Drive from Highway 278 to 5th Avenue. The contractor was issued a March 1 notice to proceed on the project.
The commission also approved the low bid of $140,160 submitted by Falcon Construction Company to mill and overlay Chestnut Street in Aberdeen from Highway 45 to Highway 145. The contractor was issued a March 1 notice to proceed on the project, as well.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation