Road projects get stimulus money
Published: February 11,2010
ABERDEEN and AMORY — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has authorized the expenditure of federal stimulus dollars to fund roadway improvements in the cities of Amory and Aberdeen.
During its January meeting, the Mississippi Transportation Commission approved the low bid of $291,418 submitted by Falcon Contracting Company Inc. to mill and overlay Waterway Drive from Highway 278 to 5th Avenue. The contractor was issued a March 1 notice to proceed on the project.
The commission also approved the low bid of $140,160 submitted by Falcon Construction Company to mill and overlay Chestnut Street in Aberdeen from Highway 45 to Highway 145. The contractor was issued a March 1 notice to proceed on the project, as well.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible