Road projects get stimulus money
Published: February 11,2010
ABERDEEN and AMORY — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has authorized the expenditure of federal stimulus dollars to fund roadway improvements in the cities of Amory and Aberdeen.
During its January meeting, the Mississippi Transportation Commission approved the low bid of $291,418 submitted by Falcon Contracting Company Inc. to mill and overlay Waterway Drive from Highway 278 to 5th Avenue. The contractor was issued a March 1 notice to proceed on the project.
The commission also approved the low bid of $140,160 submitted by Falcon Construction Company to mill and overlay Chestnut Street in Aberdeen from Highway 45 to Highway 145. The contractor was issued a March 1 notice to proceed on the project, as well.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- Stricklin: Deer parasites don't affect quality of venison