Road projects get stimulus money
by Wally Northway
Published: February 11,2010
ABERDEEN and AMORY — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has authorized the expenditure of federal stimulus dollars to fund roadway improvements in the cities of Amory and Aberdeen.
During its January meeting, the Mississippi Transportation Commission approved the low bid of $291,418 submitted by Falcon Contracting Company Inc. to mill and overlay Waterway Drive from Highway 278 to 5th Avenue. The contractor was issued a March 1 notice to proceed on the project.
The commission also approved the low bid of $140,160 submitted by Falcon Construction Company to mill and overlay Chestnut Street in Aberdeen from Highway 45 to Highway 145. The contractor was issued a March 1 notice to proceed on the project, as well.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county