Townhouse, Jamco to expand
Published: February 11,2010
SMITHVILLE and TISHOMINGO — Townhouse Home Furnishings, a stationary furniture manufacturer located in Monroe County, is adding a new access road and undertaking other infrastructure improvements in order to accommodate future growth. The project, which will create 15 new jobs, will allow Townhouse employees to utilize a separate entrance from the delivery and outgoing transportation area and will create a new access road connecting to Mississippi 25. The project represents a $20,000 investment by the company.
The Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) worked closely with the company to help facilitate the expansion and provided assistance through the Mississippi Rural Impact Fund (RIF) Program to help with the addition of the access road.
Prior to this expansion, MDA worked with Townhouse to assist with two previous expansions, which represented a combined $1.5-million investment by the company and created a total of 100 new jobs. Assistance from the Appalachian Regional Commission and the Town of Smithville also helped the company in its previous expansions.
Townhouse Home Furnishings was founded in 2002 by Jeremy Lafayette in a garage with only five workers. Since then, the company has grown to 120 employees and is now located in three buildings with manufacturing space totaling 170,000 square feet.
Additionally, Jamco Furniture Industries, an upholstered furniture manufacturer located in Tishomingo, is expanding its facility in order to accommodate an increase in production. The 5,000-square-foot expansion represents a $200,000 investment by the company and will create 10 new jobs. Jamco was able to expand with assistance through MDA’s RIF Program and the Community Development Block Grant Program, both of which helped the company with infrastructure improvements critical to its expansion.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- ‘No’ means being able to commit to ‘Yes’