MBJ fair in coverage of O’Neill controversy
Last week’s article on the compensation package for Greater Jackson Chamber Partnership’s president and CEO Duane O’Neill seemed very fair. His salary is comparable to other regional counterparts and reflects professionalism necessary to manage a six-county, multi-million economic development organization and insurance network. And since part of his compensation package is performance based, we can only hope that he makes more in the future reflecting continued success by the GJCP.
I think we benefit from the discussion of this issue, because it does focus attention on the efforts and successes by professionals like Mr. O’Neill to improve Jackson and central Mississippi. But what strikes me most was the support his own organization gave to him. Considering it is their money and resources he manages, and they are pleased and complimentary of his work, and they set his compensation, I believe the MBJ properly and with balance addressed the issue.
Larry Winter, Brandon
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location