MBJ fair in coverage of O’Neill controversy
Last week’s article on the compensation package for Greater Jackson Chamber Partnership’s president and CEO Duane O’Neill seemed very fair. His salary is comparable to other regional counterparts and reflects professionalism necessary to manage a six-county, multi-million economic development organization and insurance network. And since part of his compensation package is performance based, we can only hope that he makes more in the future reflecting continued success by the GJCP.
I think we benefit from the discussion of this issue, because it does focus attention on the efforts and successes by professionals like Mr. O’Neill to improve Jackson and central Mississippi. But what strikes me most was the support his own organization gave to him. Considering it is their money and resources he manages, and they are pleased and complimentary of his work, and they set his compensation, I believe the MBJ properly and with balance addressed the issue.
Larry Winter, Brandon
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- School superintendent says he never intended to hire wife's uncle, but recommended him
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- MBJ's Business Marketplace set for Friday at Mississippi's Trade Mart