MBJ fair in coverage of O’Neill controversy
Last week’s article on the compensation package for Greater Jackson Chamber Partnership’s president and CEO Duane O’Neill seemed very fair. His salary is comparable to other regional counterparts and reflects professionalism necessary to manage a six-county, multi-million economic development organization and insurance network. And since part of his compensation package is performance based, we can only hope that he makes more in the future reflecting continued success by the GJCP.
I think we benefit from the discussion of this issue, because it does focus attention on the efforts and successes by professionals like Mr. O’Neill to improve Jackson and central Mississippi. But what strikes me most was the support his own organization gave to him. Considering it is their money and resources he manages, and they are pleased and complimentary of his work, and they set his compensation, I believe the MBJ properly and with balance addressed the issue.
Larry Winter, Brandon
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge
- Real estate company paying $1M for compromising wetlands
- Nullification and interposition
- Authorities: Suspect in ricin-laced letters case appeared to try to run
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Undersecretary: 'I understand the frustration' over catfish inspections