MBJ fair in coverage of O’Neill controversy
Last week’s article on the compensation package for Greater Jackson Chamber Partnership’s president and CEO Duane O’Neill seemed very fair. His salary is comparable to other regional counterparts and reflects professionalism necessary to manage a six-county, multi-million economic development organization and insurance network. And since part of his compensation package is performance based, we can only hope that he makes more in the future reflecting continued success by the GJCP.
I think we benefit from the discussion of this issue, because it does focus attention on the efforts and successes by professionals like Mr. O’Neill to improve Jackson and central Mississippi. But what strikes me most was the support his own organization gave to him. Considering it is their money and resources he manages, and they are pleased and complimentary of his work, and they set his compensation, I believe the MBJ properly and with balance addressed the issue.
Larry Winter, Brandon
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan