Hise named an ‘all-star’
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 15,2010
Butler, Snow, O’Mara, Stevens & Cannada, PLLC, attorney Dan Hise was recently named in The 2010 BTI Client Service All-Stars, a list that includes only 18 corporate and securities attorneys nationwide who were nominated by their own corporate clients in polls. Butler Snow is one of 112 unique firms whose attorneys are featured.
Hise is one of only two attorneys in the Mid-South named to the list and the only one in Mississippi.
Hise is a member of the International Association of Gaming Advisors and serves the American Bar Association as the Mississippi Liaison to the State Regulation of Securities Committee. In addition, he has served as chairman of both the Gaming Law Section and Business Law Section of The Mississippi Bar.
He is AV-rated by Martindale-Hubbell and is recognized on lists such as The Best Lawyers in America (Corporate Law and Gaming Law), Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business (Corporate Commercial and Corporate Commercial: Gaming and Licensing) and Mid-South Super Lawyers (Gaming). He has served the secretary of the state of Mississippi as a past-chairman of the Business Law Advisory Group and the Business Reform Trademark Committee.
Hise received a bachelor of arts in English from the University of California, Berkeley, a Ph.D. in English from Tulane University and a juris doctorate with special distinction from Mississippi College School of Law. While in law school, he served as editor-in-chief of the Mississippi College Law Review. In 1999, Hise was named Outstanding Alumnus of the Year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015