NVision releases Haitian mapbook
HANCOCK COUNTY — NVision Solutions Inc. has partnered with LeadDog Consulting to release a series of Haiti map products designed to assist relief workers and generate funds for relief organizations providing support to earthquake victims.
The “Haitian Relief Mapbook: Port-au-Prince and Surrounding Areas” is the first in a series of paper map products made for relief workers on foot giving direct and immediate aid to the people of Haiti. NVision will soon release a complete country mapbook and additional products such as medium and large-size wall maps.
NVision will donate 40 percent of the proceeds to the American Red Cross Haiti relief efforts. NVision is offering a paperback version of the mapbook online through Amazon. A lower priced, coil-bound version is also available via NVision’s website at www.nvs-inc.com/haiti.
Mapbooks provide highly detailed maps of an area, but are easier to use, more portable, and more durable than folding maps. Field personnel can take notes in the mapbooks for later entry into full digital geographic information systems. Mapbooks are a much more affordable and reliable tool than location-based technology such as GPS and Wi-Fi enabled devices whose utility may be limited or prohibited by infrastructure collapse and harsh conditions.
“As both victims and responders to Hurricane Katrina, we know the importance of tough, paper-based map products for large scale disaster response,” said NVision president Socorro Harvey. “Our hearts and support go out to the people of Haiti and those who are helping.”
NVision is working closely with LeadDog Consulting who provides street mapping data and points of interest for the mapbooks. LeadDog continually updates mapping data for Haiti and NVision will continue to release updated and new products on its website.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “NVision releases Haitian mapbook”
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option