NVision releases Haitian mapbook
HANCOCK COUNTY — NVision Solutions Inc. has partnered with LeadDog Consulting to release a series of Haiti map products designed to assist relief workers and generate funds for relief organizations providing support to earthquake victims.
The “Haitian Relief Mapbook: Port-au-Prince and Surrounding Areas” is the first in a series of paper map products made for relief workers on foot giving direct and immediate aid to the people of Haiti. NVision will soon release a complete country mapbook and additional products such as medium and large-size wall maps.
NVision will donate 40 percent of the proceeds to the American Red Cross Haiti relief efforts. NVision is offering a paperback version of the mapbook online through Amazon. A lower priced, coil-bound version is also available via NVision’s website at www.nvs-inc.com/haiti.
Mapbooks provide highly detailed maps of an area, but are easier to use, more portable, and more durable than folding maps. Field personnel can take notes in the mapbooks for later entry into full digital geographic information systems. Mapbooks are a much more affordable and reliable tool than location-based technology such as GPS and Wi-Fi enabled devices whose utility may be limited or prohibited by infrastructure collapse and harsh conditions.
“As both victims and responders to Hurricane Katrina, we know the importance of tough, paper-based map products for large scale disaster response,” said NVision president Socorro Harvey. “Our hearts and support go out to the people of Haiti and those who are helping.”
NVision is working closely with LeadDog Consulting who provides street mapping data and points of interest for the mapbooks. LeadDog continually updates mapping data for Haiti and NVision will continue to release updated and new products on its website.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “NVision releases Haitian mapbook”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case