Ex-town clerk arrested for embezzlement
Published: February 17,2010
BURNSVILLE — Special agents in the State Auditor’s Office have arrested former Burnsville town clerk Elesha Dailey following a seven-count indictment charging her with embezzlement.
A Tishomingo County grand jury returned the indictment on Dailey, the town clerk from 2004 to 2007 and deputy town clerk from 2002 to 2004.
The Clarion-Ledger reports the indictment alleges Dailey embezzled more than $62,000. She has already repaid $12,804.73. The alleged embezzlement took place from January 2004 to January 2007. A CPA firm conducting the city’s routine audit along with Burnsville officials initially discovered and reported the embezzlement to the state auditor’s office.
Daily was arrested Feb. 16.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Ex-town clerk arrested for embezzlement”
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- Columbus-built Airbus gets FAA airworthiness approval
- Hattiesburg wastewater treatment system could cost $152M
- BILL CRAWFORD: Gunn steals tax cut spotlight
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- Bill would make only 1 hospital follow open-meetings act