Ex-town clerk arrested for embezzlement
by Associated Press
Published: February 17,2010
BURNSVILLE — Special agents in the State Auditor’s Office have arrested former Burnsville town clerk Elesha Dailey following a seven-count indictment charging her with embezzlement.
A Tishomingo County grand jury returned the indictment on Dailey, the town clerk from 2004 to 2007 and deputy town clerk from 2002 to 2004.
The Clarion-Ledger reports the indictment alleges Dailey embezzled more than $62,000. She has already repaid $12,804.73. The alleged embezzlement took place from January 2004 to January 2007. A CPA firm conducting the city’s routine audit along with Burnsville officials initially discovered and reported the embezzlement to the state auditor’s office.
Daily was arrested Feb. 16.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Ex-town clerk arrested for embezzlement”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Education officials changing school rating system
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Historic COFO building demolished due to structural problems
- Capital City voters to elect new mayor in runoff
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- New shareholders named for Copeland, Cook, Taylor and Bush
- MSU's Gilbert named finalist for Austin Peay presidency
- Communities vie for TVA sustainability designation
- American HealthTech passes Medicare tests
- First Corolla earmarked for export rolls off of Toyota's line