Ex-town clerk arrested for embezzlement
Published: February 17,2010
BURNSVILLE — Special agents in the State Auditor’s Office have arrested former Burnsville town clerk Elesha Dailey following a seven-count indictment charging her with embezzlement.
A Tishomingo County grand jury returned the indictment on Dailey, the town clerk from 2004 to 2007 and deputy town clerk from 2002 to 2004.
The Clarion-Ledger reports the indictment alleges Dailey embezzled more than $62,000. She has already repaid $12,804.73. The alleged embezzlement took place from January 2004 to January 2007. A CPA firm conducting the city’s routine audit along with Burnsville officials initially discovered and reported the embezzlement to the state auditor’s office.
Daily was arrested Feb. 16.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Ex-town clerk arrested for embezzlement”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency