Ex-town clerk arrested for embezzlement
by Associated Press
Published: February 17,2010
BURNSVILLE — Special agents in the State Auditor’s Office have arrested former Burnsville town clerk Elesha Dailey following a seven-count indictment charging her with embezzlement.
A Tishomingo County grand jury returned the indictment on Dailey, the town clerk from 2004 to 2007 and deputy town clerk from 2002 to 2004.
The Clarion-Ledger reports the indictment alleges Dailey embezzled more than $62,000. She has already repaid $12,804.73. The alleged embezzlement took place from January 2004 to January 2007. A CPA firm conducting the city’s routine audit along with Burnsville officials initially discovered and reported the embezzlement to the state auditor’s office.
Daily was arrested Feb. 16.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Ex-town clerk arrested for embezzlement”
Top Posts & Pages
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn
- Coast city to repay BP grant funding for Ocean Expo
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- Judge to weigh Hood's credit card issuer lawsuit
- Blue Origin successfully tests BE-3 rocket engine
- Allain to lie in repose at Capital Friday; funeral Saturday in Natchez
- M&F branches to close as Renasant wraps up merger