Ex-town clerk arrested for embezzlement
Published: February 17,2010
BURNSVILLE — Special agents in the State Auditor’s Office have arrested former Burnsville town clerk Elesha Dailey following a seven-count indictment charging her with embezzlement.
A Tishomingo County grand jury returned the indictment on Dailey, the town clerk from 2004 to 2007 and deputy town clerk from 2002 to 2004.
The Clarion-Ledger reports the indictment alleges Dailey embezzled more than $62,000. She has already repaid $12,804.73. The alleged embezzlement took place from January 2004 to January 2007. A CPA firm conducting the city’s routine audit along with Burnsville officials initially discovered and reported the embezzlement to the state auditor’s office.
Daily was arrested Feb. 16.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Ex-town clerk arrested for embezzlement”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- SouthGroup Insurance named to 'Best Practices' study
- Senators push for protecting steel producers from imported rebar