MDEQ reports beach is now safe
OCEAN SPRINGS — The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ), through its Beach Monitoring Program, has lifted its advisory for Station 15 in Ocean Springs, which is Shearwater Beach from Weeks Bayou to Ashley.
The MDEQ announced Feb. 16 that water samples show the area has attained acceptable bacteria levels.
The Gulf Coast Research Laboratory, which performs water sampling for MDEQ, notifies the agency when an area returns to safe conditions.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Federal charges dropped against Shumate after guilty plea
- ALAN TURNER — The ‘Internet of things’ is focus of Camgian's Gary Butler
- Cochran's attorneys argue for dismissal of McDaniel's lawsuit
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — State roots key to Edge Theory's Joe Stradinger
- MEMA warns of hottest temperatures of the year