MDEQ reports beach is now safe
OCEAN SPRINGS — The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ), through its Beach Monitoring Program, has lifted its advisory for Station 15 in Ocean Springs, which is Shearwater Beach from Weeks Bayou to Ashley.
The MDEQ announced Feb. 16 that water samples show the area has attained acceptable bacteria levels.
The Gulf Coast Research Laboratory, which performs water sampling for MDEQ, notifies the agency when an area returns to safe conditions.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- The leadership styles of President Obama