MDEQ reports beach is now safe
OCEAN SPRINGS — The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ), through its Beach Monitoring Program, has lifted its advisory for Station 15 in Ocean Springs, which is Shearwater Beach from Weeks Bayou to Ashley.
The MDEQ announced Feb. 16 that water samples show the area has attained acceptable bacteria levels.
The Gulf Coast Research Laboratory, which performs water sampling for MDEQ, notifies the agency when an area returns to safe conditions.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Cannabis for the rest of us
- MARTY WISEMAN: The current racial strife and the failure to educate
- BILL CRAWFORD: Boyce takes hot spot as IHL commissioner
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- Real Estate Forum panelists: Lenders, investors hungry for deals on residential rentals in Miss., elsewhere
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- $134M proposed for 10 BP-funded oil spill recovery projects
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson