MDEQ reports beach is now safe
OCEAN SPRINGS — The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ), through its Beach Monitoring Program, has lifted its advisory for Station 15 in Ocean Springs, which is Shearwater Beach from Weeks Bayou to Ashley.
The MDEQ announced Feb. 16 that water samples show the area has attained acceptable bacteria levels.
The Gulf Coast Research Laboratory, which performs water sampling for MDEQ, notifies the agency when an area returns to safe conditions.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county