MDEQ reports beach is now safe
OCEAN SPRINGS — The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ), through its Beach Monitoring Program, has lifted its advisory for Station 15 in Ocean Springs, which is Shearwater Beach from Weeks Bayou to Ashley.
The MDEQ announced Feb. 16 that water samples show the area has attained acceptable bacteria levels.
The Gulf Coast Research Laboratory, which performs water sampling for MDEQ, notifies the agency when an area returns to safe conditions.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- Madison's Christmas on Ice will not take place this year
- SPECIAL REPORT: Land may hold key to Jackson airport’s success
- Ex-judge disciplined, but not barred, by Supreme Court
- Gunn: State's GOP needs to heal after Senate primary battle
- SPECIAL REPORT: A savvy pro is sought for Jackson airport's CEO
- Bank welcomes Little
- USM Foundation sees second-highest fundraising total in history