MDEQ reports beach is now safe
OCEAN SPRINGS — The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ), through its Beach Monitoring Program, has lifted its advisory for Station 15 in Ocean Springs, which is Shearwater Beach from Weeks Bayou to Ashley.
The MDEQ announced Feb. 16 that water samples show the area has attained acceptable bacteria levels.
The Gulf Coast Research Laboratory, which performs water sampling for MDEQ, notifies the agency when an area returns to safe conditions.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JACKSON JILTED —Southwest Airlines pulling up stakes and leaving Mississippi
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- M&F branches to close as Renasant wraps up merger
- Gaming Commission gives nod to Coast city's first casino
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- Aldermen review adult business ordinance, call public hearing
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn