MDEQ reports beach is now safe
OCEAN SPRINGS — The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ), through its Beach Monitoring Program, has lifted its advisory for Station 15 in Ocean Springs, which is Shearwater Beach from Weeks Bayou to Ashley.
The MDEQ announced Feb. 16 that water samples show the area has attained acceptable bacteria levels.
The Gulf Coast Research Laboratory, which performs water sampling for MDEQ, notifies the agency when an area returns to safe conditions.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency