MDEQ reports beach is now safe
OCEAN SPRINGS — The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ), through its Beach Monitoring Program, has lifted its advisory for Station 15 in Ocean Springs, which is Shearwater Beach from Weeks Bayou to Ashley.
The MDEQ announced Feb. 16 that water samples show the area has attained acceptable bacteria levels.
The Gulf Coast Research Laboratory, which performs water sampling for MDEQ, notifies the agency when an area returns to safe conditions.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that