MDEQ reports beach is now safe
OCEAN SPRINGS — The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ), through its Beach Monitoring Program, has lifted its advisory for Station 15 in Ocean Springs, which is Shearwater Beach from Weeks Bayou to Ashley.
The MDEQ announced Feb. 16 that water samples show the area has attained acceptable bacteria levels.
The Gulf Coast Research Laboratory, which performs water sampling for MDEQ, notifies the agency when an area returns to safe conditions.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Legislators begin work on FY2016 state budget
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter