MDEQ reports beach is now safe
OCEAN SPRINGS — The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ), through its Beach Monitoring Program, has lifted its advisory for Station 15 in Ocean Springs, which is Shearwater Beach from Weeks Bayou to Ashley.
The MDEQ announced Feb. 16 that water samples show the area has attained acceptable bacteria levels.
The Gulf Coast Research Laboratory, which performs water sampling for MDEQ, notifies the agency when an area returns to safe conditions.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location