The Shed brings home awards
At the President’s Reception during the National Barbecue Association’s 2010 Conference and Trade Show, The Shed BBQ & Blues Joint was presented with three awards, adding to the nine earned in 2009.
The Shed won first place for its Southwest Wrangler Rub, Caribbean Mojo Sauce, Caribbean Jerk Dry Rub and Retail Can. Mighty Mustard Marinade, Spicy Orange Sunset Sauce, Spice It Up Mustard Sauce, Marinade Yo’ Meat and Kinky Asian Sauce took second and third place awards, while the BBQ Salad Dressing placed fourth.
The Shed’s brother-and-sister co-owners, Brad Orrison and Brooke Lewis, also taught the class “How to go from Fiery Passion to Starting a Barbecue Business” at the event.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county