The Shed brings home awards
At the President’s Reception during the National Barbecue Association’s 2010 Conference and Trade Show, The Shed BBQ & Blues Joint was presented with three awards, adding to the nine earned in 2009.
The Shed won first place for its Southwest Wrangler Rub, Caribbean Mojo Sauce, Caribbean Jerk Dry Rub and Retail Can. Mighty Mustard Marinade, Spicy Orange Sunset Sauce, Spice It Up Mustard Sauce, Marinade Yo’ Meat and Kinky Asian Sauce took second and third place awards, while the BBQ Salad Dressing placed fourth.
The Shed’s brother-and-sister co-owners, Brad Orrison and Brooke Lewis, also taught the class “How to go from Fiery Passion to Starting a Barbecue Business” at the event.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Outside group files arguments supporting McDaniel
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist