Supervisors to hear hospital offers
NATCHEZ — Adams County supervisors say they will listen to any offers from any potential buyers for the county-owned Natchez Regional Medical Center (NRMC).
The board voted 4-1 to execute a letter of discussion with Health Management Associates (HMA), a Naples, Fla., corporation that operates 54 hospitals in 15 states, including Natchez Community Hospital.
Supervisors tell The Natchez Democrat that no proposals were made by HMA representatives. The discussion was held behind closed doors.
NRMC officials did not attend the meeting.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- The Blues and higher education — Delta State launches the International Delta Blues Project
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- Singing River shutting doors on two Coast clinics