Supervisors to hear hospital offers
NATCHEZ — Adams County supervisors say they will listen to any offers from any potential buyers for the county-owned Natchez Regional Medical Center (NRMC).
The board voted 4-1 to execute a letter of discussion with Health Management Associates (HMA), a Naples, Fla., corporation that operates 54 hospitals in 15 states, including Natchez Community Hospital.
Supervisors tell The Natchez Democrat that no proposals were made by HMA representatives. The discussion was held behind closed doors.
NRMC officials did not attend the meeting.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects