Supervisors to hear hospital offers
NATCHEZ — Adams County supervisors say they will listen to any offers from any potential buyers for the county-owned Natchez Regional Medical Center (NRMC).
The board voted 4-1 to execute a letter of discussion with Health Management Associates (HMA), a Naples, Fla., corporation that operates 54 hospitals in 15 states, including Natchez Community Hospital.
Supervisors tell The Natchez Democrat that no proposals were made by HMA representatives. The discussion was held behind closed doors.
NRMC officials did not attend the meeting.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics