Supervisors to hear hospital offers
NATCHEZ — Adams County supervisors say they will listen to any offers from any potential buyers for the county-owned Natchez Regional Medical Center (NRMC).
The board voted 4-1 to execute a letter of discussion with Health Management Associates (HMA), a Naples, Fla., corporation that operates 54 hospitals in 15 states, including Natchez Community Hospital.
Supervisors tell The Natchez Democrat that no proposals were made by HMA representatives. The discussion was held behind closed doors.
NRMC officials did not attend the meeting.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- (UPDATE) I-20 partially closed as vehicle carrying hazardous materials burns
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Community Bank, Pinnacle Trust ink new agreement