Supervisors to hear hospital offers
NATCHEZ — Adams County supervisors say they will listen to any offers from any potential buyers for the county-owned Natchez Regional Medical Center (NRMC).
The board voted 4-1 to execute a letter of discussion with Health Management Associates (HMA), a Naples, Fla., corporation that operates 54 hospitals in 15 states, including Natchez Community Hospital.
Supervisors tell The Natchez Democrat that no proposals were made by HMA representatives. The discussion was held behind closed doors.
NRMC officials did not attend the meeting.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Stricklin: Deer parasites don't affect quality of venison
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma