Huckabee stumping for Nunnelee
Published: February 19,2010
TUPELO — Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee says fellow Republican Alan Nunnelee would be North Mississippi’s friend in Congress because he would not support Democrat Nancy Pelosi as Speaker of the House.
Nunnelee is running for the U.S. House seat held since 2008 by Democrat Travis Childers.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports Huckabee spoke to about 200 people Wednesday at a Nunnelee fundraising event in Tupelo.
The former presidential candidate said he is confident about Nunnelee’s chance of winning the June 1 Republican primary, which will include at least two other candidates — former Eupora Mayor Henry Ross and former “Fox News” analyst Angela McGlowan of Oxford.
Childers is expected to be the Democratic nominee.
The general election is Nov. 2.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- Meet the MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year — Rosemary Smith, a business hotshot
- Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- DAVID DALLAS — Delbert Hosemann: An unsung hero chooses to remain so