Huckabee stumping for Nunnelee
by Associated Press
Published: February 19,2010
TUPELO — Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee says fellow Republican Alan Nunnelee would be North Mississippi’s friend in Congress because he would not support Democrat Nancy Pelosi as Speaker of the House.
Nunnelee is running for the U.S. House seat held since 2008 by Democrat Travis Childers.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports Huckabee spoke to about 200 people Wednesday at a Nunnelee fundraising event in Tupelo.
The former presidential candidate said he is confident about Nunnelee’s chance of winning the June 1 Republican primary, which will include at least two other candidates — former Eupora Mayor Henry Ross and former “Fox News” analyst Angela McGlowan of Oxford.
Childers is expected to be the Democratic nominee.
The general election is Nov. 2.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- Keeping Our Eye On Nathan McNeill
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- OUR VIEW: USM makes right call by calling off tornado relief campaign
- Forward-thinking power companies transform “disruptions” into opportunities