Huckabee stumping for Nunnelee
Published: February 19,2010
TUPELO — Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee says fellow Republican Alan Nunnelee would be North Mississippi’s friend in Congress because he would not support Democrat Nancy Pelosi as Speaker of the House.
Nunnelee is running for the U.S. House seat held since 2008 by Democrat Travis Childers.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports Huckabee spoke to about 200 people Wednesday at a Nunnelee fundraising event in Tupelo.
The former presidential candidate said he is confident about Nunnelee’s chance of winning the June 1 Republican primary, which will include at least two other candidates — former Eupora Mayor Henry Ross and former “Fox News” analyst Angela McGlowan of Oxford.
Childers is expected to be the Democratic nominee.
The general election is Nov. 2.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- The Blues and higher education — Delta State launches the International Delta Blues Project
- Singing River shutting doors on two Coast clinics