Huckabee stumping for Nunnelee
Published: February 19,2010
TUPELO — Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee says fellow Republican Alan Nunnelee would be North Mississippi’s friend in Congress because he would not support Democrat Nancy Pelosi as Speaker of the House.
Nunnelee is running for the U.S. House seat held since 2008 by Democrat Travis Childers.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports Huckabee spoke to about 200 people Wednesday at a Nunnelee fundraising event in Tupelo.
The former presidential candidate said he is confident about Nunnelee’s chance of winning the June 1 Republican primary, which will include at least two other candidates — former Eupora Mayor Henry Ross and former “Fox News” analyst Angela McGlowan of Oxford.
Childers is expected to be the Democratic nominee.
The general election is Nov. 2.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Ex-circuit clerk Palmertree gets 10 years for embezzlement
- Jackson’s Landmark Center slated for mixed-use conversion
- 50 Leading Business Women in Mississippi (digital magazine)