Huckabee stumping for Nunnelee
Published: February 19,2010
TUPELO — Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee says fellow Republican Alan Nunnelee would be North Mississippi’s friend in Congress because he would not support Democrat Nancy Pelosi as Speaker of the House.
Nunnelee is running for the U.S. House seat held since 2008 by Democrat Travis Childers.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports Huckabee spoke to about 200 people Wednesday at a Nunnelee fundraising event in Tupelo.
The former presidential candidate said he is confident about Nunnelee’s chance of winning the June 1 Republican primary, which will include at least two other candidates — former Eupora Mayor Henry Ross and former “Fox News” analyst Angela McGlowan of Oxford.
Childers is expected to be the Democratic nominee.
The general election is Nov. 2.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Judicial candidates put on ballot after rejection of challenges
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- MSU receives funding for two proposals aimed at boosting NASA missions
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university