Newly Wed Foods adding workers
HORN LAKE — Newly Weds Foods, a producer of food coatings, seasonings and ingredients for the food processing and foodservice industries, is investing $1.25 million in new equipment and creating 20 new jobs.
State, company and local officials worked together to extend a rail spur to the facility.
“The addition of a rail spur at the Horn Lake facility will enable it to remain competitive and be considered for future expansions, while also allowing us to take advantage of the lower costs associated with rail delivery,” said Newly Weds Foods president Charles T. Angell. “I’d like to thank the State of Mississippi and local economic development officials for making this project possible. We look forward to continued operations in Horn Lake for many years to come.” ”
The Mississippi Development Authority’s (MDA’s) Existing Industry and Business Division worked closely with Newly Weds Foods to assist with this expansion. The City of Horn Lake utilized the MDA’s Mississippi Freight Rail Revolving Loan Program and took advantage of the Community Development Block Grant Program to help facilitate the expansion. The project also received funding through the Delta Regional Authority and the federal Economic Development Administration.
Headquartered in Chicago, Newly Weds Foods is the largest producer of customized food coatings in the U.S., according to MDA. The company operates 15 North American plants, as well as plants in China, Thailand, Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, Holland and the Philippines.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- USM staffers Olivia Hurst and Catherine Lott recognized by Public Relations Association of Mississippi