Anderson named Foundation fellow
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 22,2010
Butler, Snow, O’Mara, Stevens & Cannada, PLLC (Butler Snow) attorney Robert G. (Bob) Anderson has been selected as a fellow of the exclusive American Bar Foundation. Only one-third of one percent of lawyers in the U.S. are honored as members of The Fellows of the American Bar Foundation, which was founded in 1952 by the American Bar Association and is now recognized as the premier institute for social science research on law in the country.
Anderson focuses on white collar crime, government investigations, complex commercial litigation and healthcare law. He was named Lawyer of the Year in 2009 by Mississippi College School of Law, where he is an adjunct professor of healthcare law, appellate advocacy and white collar criminal law. In addition, Anderson is a Martindale-Hubbell AV-rated attorney and was chosen as a member of Leadership Madison County for the 2009-2010 class. From 1992-2005, Anderson served as assistant United States attorney for the Southern District of Mississippi, including four years in management as chief assistant United States attorney in charge of the Civil Division.
Anderson received his bachelor of arts in political science, summa cum laude, from Millsaps College and his juris doctorate degree from Mississippi College School of Law, where he served as production editor of the Mississippi College Law Review.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns