Forrest General opens new clinic
HATTIESBURG — Forrest General Hospital has opened an outpatient heart failure clinic, located at Forrest General’s LiveWell Center. Forrest General’s Heart Failure Clinic, which opened Feb. 18, is designed for patients who have been diagnosed with heart failure, but may or may not have a physician that they visit regularly.
Forrest General’s Heart Failure Clinic features the services of Brad Massey, NP, a nurse practitioner who is supported by a cardiologist, who provides care based on clinical procedures outlined by the American College of Cardiology and American Heart Association for the management of heart failure. The nurse practitioner assists patients with managing medications, providing patient and family support and offering patient and family teaching on topics including disease progression, symptom management, supportive care and treatment to address end-of-life issues.
“The management of congestive heart failure is a team approach between the patient, their family, and the healthcare professionals,” said Brad Massey. “A proper diet, medication plan and exercise plan is essential for success. Frequent visits with the healthcare team can improve the patient’s quality of life and reduce hospitalizations.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- DREAMS AND OYSTERS — Houstons set for August opening of Saltine in Fondren