Corps awards Delta levee contract
Published: February 23,2010
ISSAQUENA COUNTY — A Greenwood company will begin work soon on a 4.7-mile Mississippi River levee enlargement in Issaquena County at a cost of $10 million.
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers awarded the contract to Kenneth R. Thompson Builders Inc. for the levee enlargement between Goose Lake Road and Fitler. The contractor has initiated some preliminary work with an estimated construction time of 36 months.
The project, part of the corps’ Mississippi River and Tributaries Project, involves raising the levee 5 feet.
The construction will affect the north portion of Mississippi 465 atop the levee, leading to periods when the roadway will not be accessible to public traffic.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — State roots key to Edge Theory's Joe Stradinger
- ALAN TURNER — The ‘Internet of things’ is focus of Camgian's Gary Butler
- Cochran's attorneys argue for dismissal of McDaniel's lawsuit
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Federal charges dropped against Shumate after guilty plea
- Higher rates for Humana, lower for Magnolia ahead on health exchange