Corps awards Delta levee contract
Published: February 23,2010
ISSAQUENA COUNTY — A Greenwood company will begin work soon on a 4.7-mile Mississippi River levee enlargement in Issaquena County at a cost of $10 million.
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers awarded the contract to Kenneth R. Thompson Builders Inc. for the levee enlargement between Goose Lake Road and Fitler. The contractor has initiated some preliminary work with an estimated construction time of 36 months.
The project, part of the corps’ Mississippi River and Tributaries Project, involves raising the levee 5 feet.
The construction will affect the north portion of Mississippi 465 atop the levee, leading to periods when the roadway will not be accessible to public traffic.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter
- Cochran's legal counsel asks Court to toss McDaniel's lawsuit
- Ex-Delta mayor indicted, accused of stealing city property
- Williams-Sonoma expanding, adding nearly 1,000 jobs
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- More than half-dozen groups file charter school applications
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters