Corps awards Delta levee contract
Published: February 23,2010
ISSAQUENA COUNTY — A Greenwood company will begin work soon on a 4.7-mile Mississippi River levee enlargement in Issaquena County at a cost of $10 million.
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers awarded the contract to Kenneth R. Thompson Builders Inc. for the levee enlargement between Goose Lake Road and Fitler. The contractor has initiated some preliminary work with an estimated construction time of 36 months.
The project, part of the corps’ Mississippi River and Tributaries Project, involves raising the levee 5 feet.
The construction will affect the north portion of Mississippi 465 atop the levee, leading to periods when the roadway will not be accessible to public traffic.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years