Corps awards Delta levee contract
Published: February 23,2010
ISSAQUENA COUNTY — A Greenwood company will begin work soon on a 4.7-mile Mississippi River levee enlargement in Issaquena County at a cost of $10 million.
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers awarded the contract to Kenneth R. Thompson Builders Inc. for the levee enlargement between Goose Lake Road and Fitler. The contractor has initiated some preliminary work with an estimated construction time of 36 months.
The project, part of the corps’ Mississippi River and Tributaries Project, involves raising the levee 5 feet.
The construction will affect the north portion of Mississippi 465 atop the levee, leading to periods when the roadway will not be accessible to public traffic.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur