Corps awards Delta levee contract
Published: February 23,2010
ISSAQUENA COUNTY — A Greenwood company will begin work soon on a 4.7-mile Mississippi River levee enlargement in Issaquena County at a cost of $10 million.
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers awarded the contract to Kenneth R. Thompson Builders Inc. for the levee enlargement between Goose Lake Road and Fitler. The contractor has initiated some preliminary work with an estimated construction time of 36 months.
The project, part of the corps’ Mississippi River and Tributaries Project, involves raising the levee 5 feet.
The construction will affect the north portion of Mississippi 465 atop the levee, leading to periods when the roadway will not be accessible to public traffic.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again